• Register Today It's free!

New stereo unit

Risky Bizness

Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac Limited
Am looking for a aftermarket stereo unit for our 2008 ST.

In the Fusion we traded off, it had a Kenwood DDX8703S.

We want a double din unit with a back-up camera. This was for all intents, and purposes a good unit, and would have no problem buying another.

But am curious what everyone else is using.

Tnanx!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

preference on headunit

you will need in addition:
canbus interface to decode reverse signal, and ignition, and steering wheel control interface

you can re-wire connector for ignition signal (but it will not be retained - switches off instantly with key)
you can tap reverse signal somewhere
^ to not buy canbus interface

OK, thanx for the replies !!! I have a guy the shop uses for ALL of our aftermarket installations. and I have used him myself.

When I figure out which stereo we want will have him install it. He has lifetime warranty on ALL of his work, PLUS he will come to my house to do it. IMO, that is a win win !!! ;)

Decided on a SONY XAV-AX1000 stereo. Not the most expensive, but my installer said they work well, and are simple to use. (I like that).

Will be using a TE-BPC iBEAM back up camera. Gets installed on the 28th of this month.

Stereo is installed, HOWEVER, I have to take it back, as the steering wheel control buttons quit working!!! :(:angryfire:

stay away from '"AXXERA" aka DUAL had it for 2 years and it will not turn when hot out or will randomly discolor - go checkered board- go all white - goo all green. LOL
also recommend a unit that has android auto or the iphone version.

We got a SONY XAV-AX1000 with apple car play, Bluetooth, back-up camera (extra feature), the back-up camera, is a TEBPC.
It has a solid plate that goes behind the license plate, and is solid. As I have stated, there is a "glitch" in the steering wheel control harness. BUT, that will be taken care of as soon as I make it back to their shop.

The stereo operates simply, which is what I wanted.

Am probably going to have a VIPER 4806V LED Remote Start with a 1 mile range installed pretty soon.

Back