no powerto the ign switch or inside fuse. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no powerto the ign switch or inside fuse.

damnford

Reaction score
City, State
pine city washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer eddibouere
nothing works inside except the inside lights. no power to the ign switch.no dash lights, no gauges, no door locks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check all the fuses under the hood. If all this went out at one time, it's probably going to be a larger one. If the fuses are ok, I'll start trying to sort out some kind of troubleshooting flow. With as much work as you are doing on your truck, I strongly recommend going online and buying an EVTM manual. I haven't run into anyone in a long time that needs one as badly as you do. Cheap on Ebay.

Good luck, I'll check back tomorrow morning!

Put a new sign switch in as theold one fell apart in my hands. I will check on the evtm mani

Found out the ign fuse is missing it is a 60 amp, and the eec fuse is missing as well. The ign fuse also runs the start circut. I found the electrical and vacuum manual for a 92 is that close enough?

Ound an electrical manual for a 9 1 fordtruck which includes explorers it cost 17 bucks. I also found a relay bunch under the outside fuse box, I wonder what they go to?

the manual should be here by the 16th. the haynes manual and the owners manual do not tell me what the relays are for. one is for the fuel pump, one is for the computer, not sure of the other i am just guessing, not sure which is which.

Back