Recent Orders , time to get into production | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent Orders , time to get into production

ST Production date: 08/18/2019
Transport Date: 08/19/2019
Expected arrival at the US dealer: 09/04/2019
Arrived on time and purchased same day.
That’s promising!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ST Production date: 08/18/2019
Transport Date: 08/19/2019
Expected arrival at the US dealer: 09/04/2019
Arrived on time and purchased same day.
That’s promising!

Anyone know when the window sticker is generated? My car is scheduled to be built next week.

Anyone know when the window sticker is generated? My car is scheduled to be built next week.

5-7 days before it starts production.

I hate waiting!! Got the window sticker this morning. Got to be getting close.

I just got my window sticker yesterday and it shows a blend date of 10/10. Now Fords vehicle tracking site says it's in production and will be delivered on 10/03. Does that delivery date usually hold up? Or do they generally get them in a little before that?

I just got my window sticker yesterday and it shows a blend date of 10/10. Now Fords vehicle tracking site says it's in production and will be delivered on 10/03. Does that delivery date usually hold up? Or do they generally get them in a little before that?
Are those dates correct? If so, it is being delivered before it is build.:confused2:

Peter

Opps. That would have been a big improvement. Operator error. 11/03 delivery date;)

My ST arrived on the exact day that showed on the tracking. Dealer advised that Ford’s last mile transport from rail to dealer was not always timely. They said that in the past Ford contracted with large transport carriers and they would get 6-8 vehicles at a time. But now they contract with smaller carriers and only get 1-2 vehicles per load and they can’t keep up when new models come out.

My ST arrived on the exact day that showed on the tracking. Dealer advised that Ford’s last mile transport from rail to dealer was not always timely. They said that in the past Ford contracted with large transport carriers and they would get 6-8 vehicles at a time. But now they contract with smaller carriers and only get 1-2 vehicles per load and they can’t keep up when new models come out.
Dealer also advised that the rail yard unloads to bumper to bumper lots that have to be transported out first in last out until that lot is empty. Of course I only know what the dealer said, hopefully the information is correct.

I am assuming you just placed your order than. Orders pulled for week 9/9 were scheduled for 11/4. You say longer than you all thought.. who is "we"? At least on here it has been pretty co distant of 8-9 weeks to be built plus shipping.

Dealers get a report every Saturday about what is being built for the week. This is not anything new and your dealer knows exactly what week Ford is pulling when and what week it is scheduled for.

My Aviator reserve was ordered 9-3. I have a VIN and production scheduled for "first week in November" as blwnsmoke says above. Salesman texts me every week with updates but no change in situation for 2 weeks. Hard to wait and worry about the quality issues we read about. Apparenty the Aviator in testing by Consumer Reports has intermittent electronic issues with the dashboard. It just "goes crazy" for a few minutes after starting the car. They otherwise liked the Aviator a lot. See Consumer Reports podcast "Talking Cars" issue 221 for their initial take on the Aviator. Explorer first take is issue 216. The electronic problems weren't mentioned in this podcast but was in a later article I found on googling Aviator news.

My Aviator reserve was ordered 9-3. I have a VIN and production scheduled for "first week in November" as blwnsmoke says above. Salesman texts me every week with updates but no change in situation for 2 weeks. Hard to wait and worry about the quality issues we read about. Apparenty the Aviator in testing by Consumer Reports has intermittent electronic issues with the dashboard. It just "goes crazy" for a few minutes after starting the car. They otherwise liked the Aviator a lot. See Consumer Reports podcast "Talking Cars" issue 221 for there initial take on the Aviator. Explorer first take is issue 216. The electronic problems weren't mentioned in this podcast but was in a later article I found on googling Aviator news.
My ST build is 10/12 and just got delivery info of arriving at dealer 10/26 so looks like factory to dealer!!

Ordered my platinum explorer 07/27/19. Delivered to dealer today.

Haven't seen it yet. I would imagine still waiting for prep and anything else they have to fix. LOL Pretty much loaded kept 20" run flats, and bench seat which is an option.

I had high hopes of getting my Explorer is 20 days until today. What do you guys make of this. I got notice on the 11th through Fords vin site that my Explorer was built on 10/11 and was now awaiting shipment by convoy . This could take 4 days to a week. EST delivery date 11/04. Great! Right? Well today I visited again for a update. Now my current expected delivery date is 11/19. What....

Delay could be due to the lack of railcars or an unexpected backlog of vehicles waiting to be shipped.

Peter

Delay could be due to the lack of railcars or an unexpected backlog of vehicles waiting to be shipped.

Peter
Mine showed a build date of 10/12 and arrives at dealer 10/27. Just checked and still says the same thing “ in production “, problem is today is now the 14th ??

Mine showed a build date of 10/12 and arrives at dealer 10/27. Just checked and still says the same thing “ in production “, problem is today is now the 14th ??
Wow that's quick delivery. But you live in Illinois so not far to go. Kansas City is only 9 hours by car to Chicago.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My ST build is 10/12 and just got delivery info of arriving at dealer 10/26 so looks like factory to dealer!!
Ok so perhaps good news. Build was 10/12 then 10/14 and now completed and scheduled at dealer 10/17. We are 25 miles from factory so fingers crossed issues have been corrected.

Back