• Register Today It's free!

Six weeks still in shop!

ST204

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I ordered my ST March 13 and it arrived at the dealer Aug 28th. It was tough to wait that long. Hang in there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took delivery of my ST Aug 28th. I noticed the following cosmetic issues with quality control after a couple days at home.
1. Small tear in passenger seat-dealer ordered new cover and replaced.
2. Rear hatch caulking between body panels not finished-dealer removed, caulked and painted.
3. Small pin size bubbles in paint on hood-not resolved yet.
4. Dashboard fade in shape of 5x10 inch rectangle-not resolved yet.
5. Driver side A-pillar cover fitment-push pins underneath were bent and dealer repaired.
6. A clunk from underneath front of vehicle at low speeds over bumps- dealer believes strut is problem. Currently being looked at.
I may sound picky but for the price of these things I was hoping for better. Dealer has been great by giving me a new Expedition to drive in the meantime. Other than those issues I really like the vehicle.

yea , i have the same list and headed to dealer next week. strut issue a concern, vehicle makes all sorts of strange noises after shutdown and before starting. 60 years of driving and never seen a worst quality car/suv. JD Powers questionarre can’t come soon enough.......quality is Job None for Ford

Crazy. I have an ST scheduled to be built 10/12 and I even have the dealer admitting there are problems and that Ford needs to get their act together. He’s willing for me to say no for any reason and will reorder in the spring, hopefully when this crap is corrected.

I ordered my ST March 13 and it arrived at the dealer Aug 28th. It was tough to wait that long. Hang in there!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I think that yours is likely one of the 18,000 that made the side trip to the Flat Rock facility for followup issues.

Peter

yea , i have the same list and headed to dealer next week. strut issue a concern, vehicle makes all sorts of strange noises after shutdown and before starting. 60 years of driving and never seen a worst quality car/suv. JD Powers questionarre can’t come soon enough.......quality is Job None for Ford

There was an issue with leaking struts.. and the noises after shutdown and startup are normal. Every explorer does it so it is a non issue.

There was an issue with leaking struts.. and the noises after shutdown and startup are normal. Every explorer does it so it is a non issue.

I still have a leaking rear shock, the dealer cant get a hold of one.

Just spoke with dealer over clunking noise at low speeds. He said they replaced the driver side strut but the clunk is still apparent. They drove the other ST’s on the lot and found that two more of them are doing the same thing. Not sure what the issue is and mine remains in the shop. They are also contacting Ford about the faded spot on the dash.

Years ago we were SAAB fans. It was a love hate relationship. SAAB concluded that it was cheaper to have the dealer finish the car than to pay the union factory workers to clean up their mistakes. Maybe?

.. and the noises after shutdown and startup are normal. Every explorer does it so it is a non issue.

Wow, quite the blanket statement not having any idea exactly what noises he's talking about.

Just d
Got my sticker and looks like 10/12 to make. Everything is in a normal schedule and hoping it arrives within 10 days or so after. If there is any indication it went to DET I’m not accepting it and will reorder after the 1st of the year.
Fingers crossed Ford has their act together!

Wow, quite the blanket statement not having any idea exactly what noises he's talking about.

There is a thread on the same concern and many have discussed the "noises before and after shutdown". I'm willing to risk the slight chance of being wrong in this particular topic/conversation and make that blanket statement considering the previous discussions.

Some rattling from somewhere in ABS when crossing smaller bumps is a little annoying. Ford says it's normal.

Makes one want to buy a Telluride!

Or a minivan! Lol:aerostar::laugh:
Mine is due to be built 10/12 and my heart says yea but my mind is saying wait and see what spring brings. Big decision coming up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's actually a very highly rated vehicle!

Peter

It's a 2020 model, there are no legitimate quality ratings. Initial quality means crap. I went looking at a kia/Hyundai for my mother in law.. looked at 2020s and also looked at 2 year old lease turn ins with mileage in the high teens to low 20s. The black plastic on the 20s were grey on the 2 year old vehicles. Not grey because that was the color but grey because of the sun fade on the cheap plastic they use.

At the NY auto show this year, I was very impressed with how far along the kia/Hyundai vehicles have come in the visual dept inside and out. However, I can put a really nice lipstick on a pig and under that beautiful lipstick... is still a pig. The black plastic on my 11 Explorer looked just as good as the day I bought it 9 years later.

To this day I would not trust kia/Hyundai for longevity.

People want to complain that the 10.1 vertical screen looks bad.. This screen look 10 times worse IMO.

YMMV

2020-Kia-Telluride-SUV-interior-shot-of-front-seating-upholstery-and-dashboard-layout-design_o.jpg

Back