Sold - Parting Out 4.0L OHV engine | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sold Parting Out 4.0L OHV engine

Sold

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you still have the cam shaft position sensor? And pig tail for the harness?

Did you ever hear it run? I'm interested in the rockers assembly both sides. My email is numskull223@hotmail.com

No it never ran while I had it. Engine was supposed to be picked up today whole but they flaked so I can start to take it apart and pull the rockers to look at them soon to see if they are in good enough shape to sell.

Do you still have the cam shaft position sensor? And pig tail for the harness?

No, I do not have either one. Must be a 93 engine because it didn't have the cam sensor at all. For anyone else reading this, I don't have the oil drive/plug either as I chopped it up to make a priming tool for my new engine. Thanks for asking though!

I would be interested in the exhaust manifolds, both sides.
Let me know! Thanks

Thank you!
They are getting harder to find.
I have a 96 engine downstairs that was full of water to the throttle body, so lucky for me I have one set....but its nice to keep those around.

Where are you located? I'm at 49117

I would take the valve covers if they are still available? (Depending on shipping)

Also I know you said no shipping of heavy parts but wanted to double check if that still stands on the heads? Im looking for a pair that at least have good exhaust port threads/not broken/etc....

Where are you located? I'm at 49117

I would take the valve covers if they are still available? (Depending on shipping)

Also I know you said no shipping of heavy parts but wanted to double check if that still stands on the heads? Im looking for a pair that at least have good exhaust port threads/not broken/etc....

New Mexico 87110.

Passenger valve cover isn't spoken for yet but driver side is pending.

Sorry, no shipping the heads plus I don't know their condition (cracks-unknown).

Oh snap, was hoping we would be closer lol, but I understand.

I'll take both VC's if the driver's side deal happens to fall through but that's the one I'm really needing.

Have you had a chance to look at the rocker arms yet?

Have you had a chance to look at the rocker arms yet?

Yes, got them off today. Driver side are worn @ valve surface, some more than others. Passenger side look in good used condition. Let me know if you want them and I'll get a shipping quote.

IMG_20191005_150625042.jpg

IMG_20191005_150634564.jpg

IMG_20191005_150645466.jpg

Please forgive me, I don't mean
to hijack a post but I'm curious and love to learn new things, when you say the driver's side is worn are you referring to the point where the rocker arm contacts the valve stem? (I've been looking at the pictures closely comparing the two sides trying to see the wear.)
Surprisingly I've never had an issue with these but now that I think about it Ive had some lifter noises for a while now that's been driving me nuts and just wondering if this is the reason for it. I always assumed it was the lifters themselves that were worn.

Please forgive me, I don't mean
to hijack a post but I'm curious and love to learn new things, when you say the driver's side is worn are you referring to the point where the rocker arm contacts the valve stem? (I've been looking at the pictures closely comparing the two sides trying to see the wear.)
Surprisingly I've never had an issue with these but now that I think about it Ive had some lifter noises for a while now that's been driving me nuts and just wondering if this is the reason for it. I always assumed it was the lifters themselves that were worn.

Yes. 4.0 OHVs are notorious for their 'lifter tick' because of a poor top-end oiling design. Most commonly the noise can actually come from worn rocker arms and/or pushrods because of the lack of lubrication up top. Aftermarket rocker arms have slightly larger oil holes to help keep them lubricated. A high-volume oil pump also helps to keep the oil up top and the valvetrain lubricated. The hydraulic roller lifters are usually pretty good unless they become clogged with gunk or your oil pump is failing and not providing enough oil to keep them pumped up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back