Aftermarket wheels | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Hello guys,

I’m planning to purchase a set of wheels for my explorer’s winter tires and found these wheels on sale from Costco: ($CN 180 each - $100 discount)

cw081504.png

LEO 18X8 5-114.3 45P C73.1
Specifications
Size 18x8.5
Diameter 18
Bolt Pattern (mm) 5x114.3
Offset (mm) 45
Center Bore (mm) 73.1
Fixation Seat Conical
Color Black machined
Part Type Alloy Wheel
Wheel Weight (lbs) 25.7

The wheels will go with 235/65R18 Bilzzak DM-V2 winter tires. The tire size was purchased based on PeterK9 in one of his posts in this thread.

Do you think these wheels will fit the tire size and 2018 explorer Platinum without issues?
Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

21x9 +38.5mm offset Volvo XC90 wheels with 275/40R21 tires (20mm wheel adapter, so effective offset is +18.5mm)
ez5qJy7.jpg
How close do the tops on the tires come to the fender? I'm looking to get them flush, and those wheels look awesome.

Alright, just got a message from the wheel shop saying that the wheels that I want, 20x11 +45 offset won't fit and that the wheel manufacturer suggest me the 20x11 +25 offset...?!?! What am I missing here? I mean I was thinking that apart a 1/2'' difference total (1/4'' in and 1/4'' out) the wheel should be similar to the 20x10.5 +45 Velgan's that most of the guys here have installed. I don't know if some guys with the 20x10.5 +45 Velgan's wheels could chip in and elucidate the mystery! I'm almost 100% sure you would still have 1/4'' of clearance on the inside of the wheel with the suspensions components. Haven't seen no one here rolling with +25 offset on their wheels. Any opinion could help! Thanks again!

Hope you can SEE the difference:
temp.jpg

For those of you running velgens, are you running hubcentric rings and if so did they come with your order?

For those of you running velgens, are you running hubcentric rings and if so did they come with your order?

If I remember correctly (and that's a big if since I don't remember what I had for dinner) the Velgens came with the correct measurements so they don't need the hub-centric rings.

Appreciate the replies! Actually looking at another brand but was curious how much space you guys have with the 45mm offset 20x10.5's. Looking at running the same setup just with a 40mm offset.

Hey everyone, I’m new here.. my current set up is 22” Vossen VSF and lowered. I love the look. No rubbing at all. I throw the stock wheels on for the winter and just hate how it looks not being flush with the fenders I have the stock wheel and tire specs with Blizzaks...I’ve seen a lot of talk about adapters being safer than spacers but I don’t know if it’s worth the risk? Thanks for any feedback regarding my ride or my winter set up solution!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Why not just leave the OEM ones as is? That way you are likely to get less dirt and debris (sand/salt) thrown up against the body panels.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Why not just leave the OEM ones as is? That way you are likely to get less dirt and debris (sand/salt) thrown up against the body panels.

Peter
Haha you’re not the only one that’s said that. I guess I’m just spoiled with the look lol. How do I go about posting pics?

Haha you’re not the only one that’s said that. I guess I’m just spoiled with the look lol. How do I go about posting pics?
You can take advantage of the 2 for 1 special that is on now where you can get 2 years of Elite Explorer membership for $20 and upload directly from your device using "Upload a File" button. You can also use a 3rd party hosting site like imgur. Using a 3rd party doesn't ensure your picture won't disappear after a period of time.
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?account/upgrades

Peter

Hi everyone! Great thread with tons of helpful info.

For the Explorer Sport owners, I’m curious to know why you didn’t go with 295/40/20 tires as they are a smaller variance to the stock sport tires of 265/45/20.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone! Great thread with tons of helpful info.

For the Explorer Sport owners, I’m curious to know why you didn’t go with 295/40/20 tires as they are a smaller variance to the stock sport tires of 265/45/20.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum and Merry Christmas.:wave:
That tire was an option on the 2016. The 2017, 2018 and 2019 Order Guides show the Sport has standard 255/50R20 tires and it does not show an optional 265/45R20.

Peter

Back