OMG I just bought a car and it's not an Explorer! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OMG I just bought a car and it's not an Explorer!

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
I wasn't really looking for a car, but I came across a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL w/low miles I just couldn't resist. Clean Car FAX (for what that's worth), one owner, 18" premium wheels, sport suspension pkg, heated leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel, audiophile sound system, EATC, driver's message center, 6 disc CD changer (do they still make CD's?), Sirius radio, aux input and Bluetooth, MS Sync, Weather Tech floor and trunk mats, 3.0L V6, 6-speed auto trans, FWD, 60/40 fold-flat rear seats, always garaged kept and no sign of highway rash/sand blasting, paint is near perfect (red-fire metallic w/black interior), brushed aluminum dash trim, rear deck spoiler, rear defroster and heated puddle-lit exterior mirrors, Autolamp, auto dimming rear-view mirror, selectable color LED interior mood lighting, power everything, steering wheel mounted controls, tilt wheel, clean as a whistle inside and out (and I'm super picky about condition), priced way below market and everything works as it should. It will need tires by end of the year and I plan to do a full inspection on wear items and do fluid changes.

It runs and drives great, handles like a go cart with lots of power and quick steering. I'm letting my daughter use it until the Sport Trac is back on the road and then she can decide which one she wants to keep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice car, I had a 2008 V6 Milan but I traded it in last year on a 2018 Fusion. The Transmission in the 09 V6 is Aisin made and uses Toyota T-IV transmission fluid, ford specs their own special fluid for these but it cost much more then the Toyota fluid, if you google the fusion forums you will find all you need to know about this trans, drain and refills are pretty easy on it and I think its a much better trans then the 6f35.

Nice car, I had a 2008 V6 Milan but I traded it in last year on a 2018 Fusion. The Transmission in the 09 V6 is Aisin made and uses Toyota T-IV transmission fluid, ford specs their own special
fluid for these but it cost much more then the Toyota fluid, if you google the fusion forums you will find all you need to know about this trans, drain and refills are pretty easy on it and I think its a much better trans then the 6f35.

Thanks for the tip on the trans fluid. I was researching the Ford Focus a while back, that double dry clutch, computer shifted automatic/manual transmission scared the hell out me. It's right up there with the CVT transmissions.

You've done good.... first it's a Ford (when I saw title I was afraid you went to the dark side - import :) )....then it's the reliable 3.0 - with EXTERNAL water pump.....then it's low miles....win win....
Those 09's are sharp looking..... front looks somewhat like a Caddy....

You've done good.... first it's a Ford (when I saw title I was afraid you went to the dark side - import :) )....then it's the reliable 3.0 - with EXTERNAL water pump.....then it's low miles....win win....
Those 09's are sharp looking..... front looks somewhat like a Caddy....

I like the way it looks, but I must admit I like the look of the Mercury Milan a bit better (nicer grille and taillights).

I'm thinking about switching the front brake pads to ceramics to keep the brake dust off the wheels. They appear to dust up bad and are a bit hard to clean with their multi spoke design.

The 3.0 is bulletproof. The only common failure point that I know of is
the cam synchronizer. And it's super easy to change on that engine.
Good score.

Back