New v3.0 Build Available | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New v3.0 Build Available

some reporting mysterious versions 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4

Nothing mysterious. Vehicles with newer APIM hardware come with 3.2+. MY20 with 3.4 which is the latest in that software line.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was the build on my 17 Sport, I did the OTA WiFi search for updates yesterday and it found the 19205 build and installed it. Maybe try that over the next few days.
I think you must be the only one that has been able to use WiFi for downloads.

Peter

I don't understand why there is no update availability shown for your vehicle. Your current build number is what mine was before my update to 19205.

Peter

No one could ever figure out why I couldn't update either, and I couldn't even get the last build. I wish they couldn't found a reason, as for all i know I'll never get updates, lol

Nothing mysterious. Vehicles with newer APIM hardware come with 3.2+. MY20 with 3.4 which is the latest in that software line.
does it mean the ones with old hardware stuck with v3.0?

I believe so. The nomenclature Ford chose is very confusing. Obviously, it would seem unlikely MFT2 hardware could run Sync 3 - totally different layout etc. But the versions of Sync 3 also appear to be incompatible with each other, so you basically get build versions of each "version". Someone please correct me if that's wrong but it seems likely.

It was mentioned that Ford would continue to update MFT 2 when necessary. Since versions are usually released to correct issues with the software or possibly to enhance the current version, I don't think that you will see too many updates to the older MFT 2 software in which most problems likely have already been corrected and any enhancements would likely be limited if possible.

Peter

Correct. Well, mostly. You can pick up a scrap APIM from a different vehicle and swap it in, etc. as an alternative. At least this way is more likely to come with the newer release in a proper software configuration. I've seen ebay modules advertising v3.4 from China, though it looks there like they used a leaked reformatter and put mismatched software on it, among other issues based on some folks I've talked to.

Just got back from my dealer. There is no SYNC 3 update for my Explorer. I have 18093.

So I'm up to date?

Send me a PM with your VIN and I will verify if the dealer was being honest or not.

does anyone notice anything that this update did?

I believe so. The nomenclature Ford chose is very confusing. Obviously, it would seem unlikely MFT2 hardware could run Sync 3 - totally different layout etc. But the versions of Sync 3 also appear to be incompatible with each other, so you basically get build versions of each "version". Someone please correct me if that's wrong but it seems likely.
Well, at least for MFT newest software was finally available to the all vehicles. It is sad that Ford went the other manufacturers path, different model year, different hardware, same but different software...

does anyone notice anything that this update did?
If you have the navigation option, you can now go to SETTINGS/CLOAKING DEVICE/ enter ^€¥€€ and you are good to go. Have not had a speeding ticket all week!

Go figure. Decided to scan for updates today. And Ford said no wifi updates....

IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg

IMG_2833.jpeg

However, it took forever to download. Took hours. Then I gave up.

I guess it downloaded, while driving I saw the arrow.

IMG_2832.jpeg

My Sync 3 also upgraded to build 19205 PRODUCT today via WiFi update.

My Sync 3 also upgraded to build 19205 PRODUCT today via WiFi update.
That is promising indeed. It appears that the WiFi method is now working or at least starting to work.:thumbsup:
Did it download automatically or did you have to search for it?

Peter

Yesterday morning while connected to my home WiFi, I searched for upgrade and it immediately started the download. I let it go the rest of the day parked in the garage and not running and when leaving to go out to dinner that evening and when I started the Explorer it had finished the upgrade.

Yesterday morning while connected to my home WiFi, I searched for upgrade and it immediately started the download. I let it go the rest of the day parked in the garage and not running and when leaving to go out to dinner that evening and when I started the Explorer it had finished the upgrade.
After reading a couple posts, it seems to take much longer upgrading over WiFi.Using the USB method seems quite a bit faster. Although I didn't time it took to download the update to my computer and then to a USB I think it didn't much longer than 5 or so minutes. Once plugged into the USB port in the Explorer, all was done in about 5 minutes.

Peter

Got in my Sport this morning and had the arrow in the top corner and had the latest download complete over home Wi-Fi

Did anyone here who updated manually via owners.ford.com have an issue reporting a successful update?

When I get to step 4 of 4 it gives me an error and I can't upload the file to the site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did anyone here who updated manually via owners.ford.com have an issue reporting a successful update?

When I get to step 4 of 4 it gives me an error and I can't upload the file to the site.
When I try to upload the XML file after doing the update, page 4 of the SYNC update site returns a new page indicating the site is undergoing maintenance.

Back