How to replace 94 4.0L camshaft Position Sensor | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to replace 94 4.0L camshaft Position Sensor

1994 Explorer Camshaft position sensor

I do not get a 214 error code. However I get an intermittent jerking at speeds between approximately 68 - 73 mph when accelerating. I'm told this may be due to the Camshaft position sensor or the Crank position sensor being defective. Can someone help with narrowing it down to which one??

I have a 94 ford explorer and we have replaced the timing chain, iac valve, fuel filter, throttle positioning sensor, fuel filter and it still has no power. The code that we got wss 411. Any suggestions on what to do now???

Go to www.rockauto.com for the Camshaft Position Sensor, they are dirt cheap and include the sensor. There are 2 sizes listed, so you will have to know the millimeter length of the shaft. The parts vary by 10 millimeters. Best regards.

So...I'm working on the 214 code and I assumed it was due to the camshaft position sensor...wasn't sure why/how it was failed, but today while working on swapping O2 sensors, I discovered a 3 wire connector on the back, passenger side of the motor that had two of the 3 wires gnawed off (vehicle spent 5+ years on GTMO and Banana Rats had a party). So I attempted to remove the connector which has the side ear locking tabs on it...several tries later, I almost had the whole sensor ripped off. So. now I've went from repairing a connector (which I can't find anywhere) to having to swap out the sensor/drive. Not sure I'm up to tearing the top of the motor off to get it swapped...is there any other way?...and where do you get replacement connectors...Everything I've searched for returns a 2 conductor plug for the 94...even when they show the CMP sensor with 3 conductor plug as the replacement part!
I'm hoping someone out there is still caring for one of these old girls...

Back