Digital Instrument Panel | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Digital Instrument Panel

Turned 70 today and I couldn't agree with you more. You old folks are going to need all the safety stuff on the new cars. 70 is the new 50 anyway. Of course I've always enjoyed fast cars. Mostly Mustangs and a new Cobra back when 280 HP was a big deal.
I’m a year behind you and agree 100%. I love the technology in this model. Also have a 2014 Fusion that doesn’t have any of this (not even a backup camera) and will probably trade it in for just that reason in a few more years. Too risky nowadays trying to back out of a parking space when parked between 2 giant pickups combined with distracted drivers flying up and down the parking lot aisles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are the minority unfortunately for you and for that reason, not Ford's target customer.

listen to blown out smoke (THC?) he’s correct. Ford’s target group are the ones whose IQ is equal to or less than their AGE.

Hi Gang
Just have 1 week in on my ST. So far I really like the vehicle, but haven't had time to study the manual or all of the options available to customize the dash screen. One thing I would like to alter or turn off is the speed sign that flashes any time I am 1 mile or more over what the car thinks the speed limit is.
Have any of you found a setting to turn off the speed limit sign?
Sorry, I admit I have not read every page of the owners manual yet.

Thanks John

B015BB31-AE2E-4B08-8F23-EAA59328D26F.jpeg

Highly recommend getting familiar with the manual ASAP. Your vehicle’s got a ton of technology and you’ll be flummoxed by a lot of it until you familiarize.

View attachment 174853
Highly recommend getting familiar with the manual ASAP. Your vehicle’s got a ton of technology and you’ll be flummoxed by a lot of it until you familiarize.

I absolutely agree. I read the manual before I got my ST, but honestly, some of it didn't make sense until I could actually sit in the vehicle and go through the settings. Once you're familiar with the technology, it's pretty cool.

I just got my Explorer ST and am a little disappointed in the digital cluster. Like some have said, I like the sport mode and how that displays, but having to set it to sport each time, and have it reduce MPG/hang onto gears longer is not ideal for everyday or city driving.

I test drove a Mustang in the summer with the digital cluster, and whilst the display changed with the different driving modes similar to the Explorer, it also allowed you to configure them a lot more. You could have the Sports mode cluster (or any of the other displays) enabled as the default for normal driving mode, so that every time you started the car that display was the default. I really hope ford add this type of additional configurability to the ST as otherwise it seems like a missed opportunity and a poor implementation of a digital cluster.

For everyday and city driving why wouldn't you just use 'Normal' mode? I use the 'Conserve' (Eco) setting in my Aviator most of the time if I remember to change it from 'Normal'. :)

Peter

I plan to Peter, but I would like to have the Sport Mode dials/display shown vs the blue normal mode display. Just a preference. The Mustang allows you to configure whatever display you wish linked to whatever driving mode you wish. Would be nice to have this option.

I plan to Peter, but I would like to have the Sport Mode dials/display shown vs the blue normal mode display. Just a preference. The Mustang allows you to configure whatever display you wish linked to whatever driving mode you wish. Would be nice to have this option.
I agree that some, not all, of the driving modes should be able to be set as a preferred/default setting by the owner.

Peter

The only digital screen I really 'liked' when I test drove a ST was the Sport Mode screen, which is fine, because after driving that thing in Sport mode, I figure i'll barely ever drive it any other mode.
Does the sport mode make the car burn more gas?

Does the sport mode make the car burn more gas?
Welcome to the Forum Dave. :wave:
Yes, I would think so. Especially if you use it for its intended purpose. ;)

Peter

Back