Standard feature Error on Ford's website | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Standard feature Error on Ford's website

dmdj232

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Hi All,
Just picked up my XLT with 202A, Comfort Package, and rear bench seat. When I get to the dealer, I noticed the side mirrors do not have the turn signal indicators embedded in them. I re-confirmed what I though was supposed to be a standard feature by going to Ford's website and going to the standard features description. I mentioned it to the dealer and showed them the description on Ford's website. The sales manager did find it odd. He then checked every other XLT he had on the lot and none of them had the turn signals in the mirrors. I've attached a screenshot of the description on Ford's site. My question is, how can we bring this to the attention to someone at Ford? Also, what kind of recourse do we have? While I understand it's not that big of a deal, it is an error and it can be argued that I'm owed this based on the description of their website.

Screenshot_20191016-052709.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Website description means nothing. The order guide is the bible for features of a vehicle and the order guide shows that only the Limited and above come with it.

"Mirrors, Sideview – Power-Folding with Autofold, Power andHeated Glass, LED Turn Signal Indicators, SecurityApproach Lamps, Driver/Passenger Side Memory and GlossBlack Caps"
Hi All,
Just picked up my XLT with 202A, Comfort Package, and rear bench seat. When I get to the dealer, I noticed the side mirrors do not have the turn signal indicators embedded in them. I re-confirmed what I though was supposed to be a standard feature by going to Ford's website and going to the standard features description. I mentioned it to the dealer and showed them the description on Ford's website. The sales manager did find it odd. He then checked every other XLT he had on the lot and none of them had the turn signals in the mirrors. I've attached a screenshot of the description on Ford's site. My question is, how can we bring this to the attention to someone at Ford? Also, what kind of recourse do we have? While I understand it's not that big of a deal, it is an error and it can be argued that I'm owed this based on the description of their website.

View attachment 174843

Unfortunately the order guide is the bible and the order guide states that it is only available on the limited and above and is only a feature with the power fold mirrors.

"Mirrors, Sideview – Power-Folding with Autofold, Power andHeated Glass, LED Turn Signal Indicators, SecurityApproach Lamps, Driver/Passenger Side Memory and GlossBlack Caps"

There is also this bad boy on the bottom of the build and price.

• Note.
    Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles."

I have the 2020 Order Guide dated 01/16/19 and it shows as XLT Standard Equipment;

SAFETY/SECURITY
Mirrors, Sideview – Power and Heated Glass, ManualFolding, LED Turn Signal Indicators, Security Approach Lamps and Black Caps ● Perimeter Alarm

Is there a later updated one?

Peter

I have the 2020 Order Guide dated 01/16/19 and it shows as XLT Standard Equipment;

SAFETY/SECURITY
Mirrors, Sideview – Power and Heated Glass, ManualFolding, LED Turn Signal Indicators, Security Approach Lamps and Black Caps ● Perimeter Alarm

Peter

Sorry Peter, you are correct, I missed it on the page I have. Was looking down the left and it was the 1 item on the right.

SAFETY/SECURITY

Peter

Sorry Peter, you are correct, I missed it on the page I have. Was looking down the left and it was the 1 item on the right.

With that said, is there anything I can do about this?

With that said, is there anything I can do about this?

How friendly is your dealership? There are usually area reps that can evaluate something like this. But if they messed up every XLT on the production line, I am going to guess they will try to push this away.

Edit: They list it as "LED Turn Signal Indicators". That, to me, doesn't mean they are in the mirrors. It just means the turn signal indicators are LED lights.

Edit again: I change my opinion. The LED Turn Signal Indicators are specifically listed as features of the mirrors. Therefore I agree that there is an expectation of turn signal indicators in the mirrors on this package.

How friendly is your dealership? There are usually area reps that can evaluate something like this. But if they messed up every XLT on the production line, I am going to guess they will try to push this away.

Edit: They list it as "LED Turn Signal Indicators". That, to me, doesn't mean they are in the mirrors. It just means the turn signal indicators are LED lights.

Edit again: I change my opinion. The LED Turn Signal Indicators are specifically listed as features of the mirrors. Therefore I agree that there is an expectation of turn signal indicators in the mirrors on this package.
They have been great to deal with so far. I have a call into the Sales Manager. He isn't in today so I've sent him an email with the latest ordering guide that I can find (dated 3/1/19) and also left him a voicemail. Keep you guys posted.

This is June 2019

Attachments

• 2020-Explorer-Order-Guide.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,218
  • 2020-Explorer-Order-Guide.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 716

My XLT is the same. I just took a quick look at the XLTs on my dealer's lot and they're all the same.. No turn signal on the exterior of the mirrors. The image on Ford's website is showing not an XLT. I'm curious what your able to make out. Looks like Ford made a late change and didn't update the web, order information.

Screenshot_20191016-222105.png

They DID change it. First up is my window sticker showing LED sig light on the mirror (which I don't have). Second image is one of the latest XLT on the lot which doesn't have it on window sticker. I'll be contacting my dealer too.

Screenshot_20191016-225548.png

Screenshot_20191016-225509.png

I have called Ford customer service. I explained everything to him and didnt really have an answer. He did confirm that Ford's website does show that the mirrors should have a turn signal in them for the XLT. He created a complaint and gave me a case number. We'll see what happens after the review. Here's the number for anyone else who wants to call about this or anything else.

1 (800) 392-3673

I have called Ford customer service. I explained everything to him and didnt really have an answer. He did confirm that Ford's website does show that the mirrors should have a turn signal in them for the XLT. He created a complaint and gave me a case number. We'll see what happens after the review. Here's the number for anyone else who wants to call about this or anything else.

1 (800) 392-3673
I did something similar when I noticed that I did not receive an ST logo on the floor mats, even though it was listed on my window sticker and on the Ford website. Ford’s response was that they made a running change and they will not be offered. I have a feeling you will see a similar response when it’s investigated.

I did something similar when I noticed that I did not receive an ST logo on the floor mats, even though it was listed on my window sticker and on the Ford website. Ford’s response was that they made a running change and they will not be offered. I have a feeling you will see a similar response when it’s investigated.

I agree

What they are now calling an XLT is what they used to call the Base, XL, or XLS (it's been called various things over the life of the Explorer). They really don't have a base available to the public anymore, and that's what the XLT has become. The Limited is what used to be the XLT, the Platinum is the old Limited. It's just a ploy by Ford to make more money by re-badging. The level of equipment on the various models has changed dramatically over the years.

What they are now calling an XLT is what they used to call the Base, XL, or XLS (it's been called various things over the life of the Explorer). They really don't have a base available to the public anymore, and that's what the XLT has become. The Limited is what used to be the XLT, the Platinum is the old Limited. It's just a ploy by Ford to make more money by re-badging. The level of equipment on the various models has changed dramatically over the years.

The base is available to the public.

This is what the 2020 order guide states

2020 EXPLORER BASE (FLEET ONLY) STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Ford changed it a little while back. It is available to the public now.

And here is the Oct 1 order guide.

Attachments

• 2020 Explorer 4-Door Order Guide.pdf
    622 KB · Views: 149

Back