FordPass Rewards points for new-vehicle purchase | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordPass Rewards points for new-vehicle purchase

Exit32

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, Mass.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Aviator Reserve
I took delivery of my 2020 Platinum on September 13 and expected to receive 42,000 FordPass Reward points as promised within 30 days of purchase. According to my FordPass app, I haven't received the points so I started a chat session with a FordPass "Guide." The Guide asked for my Explorer's VIN, then disappeared for about five minutes. When the Guide returned to the chat session, I was told my situation had to be escalated to "the engineers" and it would take about five days to find out what's wrong. The Guide told me I'd receive an e-mail message with the resolution. It's been more than a week since that chat session, and I haven't heard anything from Ford.

Have other owners of 2020 Explorers on this forum received their 42,000 FordPass Reward points? If so, did you receive the points within 30 days of purchase?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I received the points shortly after activating and pairing with vehicle. I don't get why your aren't getting yours.

I received mine as soon as I signed up. Now only if I could get it back from the dealership for the issues I'm having then I could start using the points. Good luck.

Took about 3 or 4 days for it to show up.

Mine showed up within a week of purchase.

I appreciate all the replies here. It appears that I'm the only one who is missing the promised 42,000 FordPass Reward points. I'll re-establish my chat session with the FordPass Guide next week and try to find out what went wrong.

I appreciate all the replies here. It appears that I'm the only one who is missing the promised 42,000 FordPass Reward points. I'll re-establish my chat session with the FordPass Guide next week and try to find out what went wrong.

Have you tried removing your VIN and adding it back and waiting a few days?

Have you tried removing your VIN and adding it back and waiting a few days?

I haven't tried that, blwnsmoke, but I'll give it a shot if my next chat session fails to yield FordPass Reward points. Thanks for the suggestion!

I had the same issue on my Aviator and found that I had activated the vehicle using an old existing owner . Lincoln .com account. Dealer had set me up a new account under a current email. Once I deleted from the old account and activated the new account the points showed up.

I took delivery of my 2020 Platinum on September 13 and expected to receive 42,000 FordPass Reward points as promised within 30 days of purchase. According to my FordPass app, I haven't received the points so I started a chat session with a FordPass "Guide." The Guide asked for my Explorer's VIN, then disappeared for about five minutes. When the Guide returned to the chat session, I was told my situation had to be escalated to "the engineers" and it would take about five days to find out what's wrong. The Guide told me I'd receive an e-mail message with the resolution. It's been more than a week since that chat session, and I haven't heard anything from Ford.

Have other owners of 2020 Explorers on this forum received their 42,000 FordPass Reward points? If so, did you receive the points within 30 days of purchase?

Thanks!

Get with your dealership and ensure that they closed out your sales date and that they also input your vehicle warranty start date. I have recently spoken to two ladies at Ford pass who both stated that dealerships are failing to submit the required information in a timely manner which will result in 0 reward points

Get with your dealership and ensure that they closed out your sales date and that they also input your vehicle warranty start date. I have recently spoken to two ladies at Ford pass who both stated that dealerships are failing to submit the required information in a timely manner which will result in 0 reward points

This is true as well. I made sure my dealer reported it that day because I wanted to get an eSP and couldnt till it was reported. Their finance person I spoke to said some dealers do it every few days to sometimes every few weeks. If they dont have a dedicated paperwork person, they usually build up a large pile then process them.

I endured another lengthy chat session with a FordPass "Guide" today. Learned that my initial inquiry regarding the whereabouts of my 42,000 points was not escalated to "the engineers" at Ford last week, so we started all over again. This time, the Guide asked for my Explorer's VIN and wanted to know if my FordPass app was running on an iPhone or Android phone. Also asked me to e-mail a copy of my invoice to prove I took delivery on September 13 and wanted to know the name and location of my Ford dealer. The Guide promised to submit all this info to "the engineers" and promised a resolution with 3-5 days.

I'm surprised by how much info the FordPass Guide was unable to access after I gave him my VIN. I'd think they'd at least know the delivery date and name of the dealer that made the sale. Plus, I was chatting from within the FordPass app on my phone.

I plan to wait and see what happens over the next 3-5 days. If no satisfaction, I'll try suggestions from blwnsmoke and RickyG.

^^ makes me think your dealer never reported the sale which I find very odd.

Update: After several chat and telephone sessions with FordPass "guides," I finally received the 42,000 FordPass Reward points I earned for purchasing a new Ford vehicle.

I'll give credit to Ford for sending updates to me during this process and for the polite FordPass guides with which I communicated via the app and by telephone.

In my case, a software bug in the FordPass system prevented the automatic credit of 42,000 points to my account after taking delivery of my Explorer on September 13. Rather than override the system and force the credit, Ford insisted on fixing the bug, and that required about three weeks to accomplish.

As they say, "All's well that ends well."

For what it’s worth I was able to use my points towards all weather mats. They need to create a ticket in the service department and order them for you that way.

There are a few requirements to get the 42,000 you have to also trial activate the modem as well.

There are a few requirements to get the 42,000 you have to also trial activate the modem as well.
I used my points without activating the modem. I purchased spare parts like wiper blades, filters, touchup paint, etc. from the service advisor through dealer's parts dept. The points show up in your FordPass app and Ford Owner account within 30 days of purchase.

I bought mine in November and I never received the points.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Approximately what do the points equal out to as far as $$$ (US) value when purchasing accessories? Thinking of sprucing up my 2018 XLT.

Back