Floor, cargo mats / liners | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor, cargo mats / liners

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Another comment about the material. The WeatherTech has a better surface to vacuum up dirt and sand leaving the liners almost like new after a vacuum. The surface of the ford liners are softer and the sand and dirt stick requiring the liners to be removed and washed to make them look good again. I don’t expect the Ford liner to last as long as WeatherTech. I will keep using them until I get feedback on the new WeatherTech and Husky when they come out.

I had WeatherTech in my 2016 XLT ( front, 2nd row and cargo) for three years and they did a great job except that both driver and front passenger liners started to curl in and gap at the side with the door sill. This allowed debris to collect underneath. I have the Ford tray liners in my 2020 XLT (front and 2nd row) and they are performing as well as my old WeatherTech's did at the beginning. The Ford tray's have an excellent fit, too. One difference is the Ford tray extends to the side of the seat support which is different than the image shown on their product page. Very easy to vacuum dirt and sand. From my experience both brands require the same attention for cleaning and sometimes require their removal for a thorough cleaning.

Ford's 2nd row protector is two pieces whereas WeatherTech is one piece. One tray fits the area behind the driver seat and has a "flap" that fits over the drive train hump. The other tray's left side slips under the lip of the hump tray. The fit is tight for both trays except the "flap" feels a bit loose.

The Ford Cargo Area Protector - Behind 2nd Row Seats is definitely a lighter weight material compared to the WeatherTech Cargo Liner. The WeatherTech has a higher lip along the perimeter. Too early to tell if performance will be different.

View attachment 174930 View attachment 174931 View attachment 174932 I just received my WeatherTech front liners. As most of you surmised, the drivers side cuts out around the gas pedal just like the Ford Carpets that came with the car. They fit well and are the same sturdy material that most other WeatherTech liners seem to be made of. (see attached pics)
WeatherTech now has the Laserfit Floorliner 2nd row mat available.
2020 Ford Explorer | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech

It’s one piece rather than two which I prefer. Just ordered one to go with the fronts which arrive tomorrow.

I ordered a third row mat from Lloyd’s Mats since they have an exact fit model available and thought I’d try them for my little-used third row; also the carpet version of their cargo area liner. I’ll post pics when they’re all installed.

WeatherTech now has the Laserfit Floorliner 2nd row mat available.
2020 Ford Explorer | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech

. . . I’ll post pics when they’re all installed.
Here’s the WeatherTech 2nd row FloorLiner installed:
3D52A435-F144-4069-8CCF-369635DF01AB.jpeg

3rd Row: Here’s the 3rd row liner. It’s a Lloyd Mats Northridge mat, their best vinyl model. Not sure I prefer it over a WeatherTech or Husky but it’s available now and my 3rd row is rarely used for seating:
226D0506-DF16-4660-AB1A-4FBEDF86384E.jpeg

Cargo Area: And here’s the cargo liner. Also from Lloyd Mats, Berber 2 model. Fits nice, fairly heavyweight loop carpet. Color is Black Heather, which I think won’t show dirt as much. Plain black is also available. Note: Lloyd’s black is a better match for the ST than their ebony, which is also available:
51731548-58CF-4F2D-A298-F1273562E161.jpeg

^^ I like that cargo mat!!

Just ordered the second row WeatherTech mat to go with the WeatherTech front and cargo mats.

I have the same issue.....poor fit , flimsy, keeps moving when sliding items . Let us know how the one from Amazon works out.
Have you looked at weather tech mats at all ?

I have the same issue.....poor fit , flimsy, keeps moving when sliding items . Let us know how the one from Amazon works out.
Have you looked at weather tech mats at all ?
I had Weather Tech in my previous 2014 Explorer, the rear cargo mat was fine, the OEM for the 1st & 2nd row seatsI have in the 2020 are much better than the Weather Tech ones I had in the 2014. I like the fact that the rear crago mat from Maxliner seems to cover more of the area on the sides torwards the 2nd row seats.Your right, the one from Ford is thin and moves around easily.
T Bill

I have the OEM Ford rear cargo liner, I''m not impressed. I am looking at this one from Maxliner through Amazon. Looks like it covers more of the sides then the Ford OEM one. I'll attach a picture of the Ford product. Here is the link for the one from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJRD3J...olid=28FJLN0C4LP6E&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

T Bill
when I looked at this mat on Amazon I get a message that it won’t fit an Aviator. I find it hard to believe there is a difference behind the second row of an Explorer and the Aviator footprint. My dealer has ordered the mat 3times and each time the box has the correct part number but the mat for behind the third row.
Say

That one looks nice. I am waiting to replace the OE mat with something That has fold lines so that I don't have to completely remove the mat when I use the 3rd row.

That one looks nice. I am waiting to replace the OE mat with something That has fold lines so that I don't have to completely remove the mat when I use the 3rd row.
Will be looking forward to your search results.

when I looked at this mat on Amazon I get a message that it won’t fit an Aviator. I find it hard to believe there is a difference behind the second row of an Explorer and the Aviator footprint. My dealer has ordered the mat 3times and each time the box has the correct part number but the mat for behind the third row.
Say
Here is what I'm reusing in mine.

Peter

cargo liner.jpg

There’s a looooong thread about mats in the Stock 2020 posts.

I like my Lloyd Mats cargo liner: thick carpet, stays in place. I included a pic in a post on this page:
Floor, cargo mats / liners

163FAFFA-7F7A-41E6-97F0-FAB806D21308.jpeg

WOW, now that is some covering !!
I also still have the one I bought for my previous '14 MKT. They both came in handy covering the 2nd and 3rd row folded seats in my 2017 Platinum because I carry a lot of yard waste to the recycler.:)

Peter

I think in this case that the OEM liners might offer a bit more coverage in that they go up the side of the seat a short distance on both the Explorer and Aviator.
I also reused the Explorer cargo liner for now. 2nd row seems similar to WeatherTech.

Peter

front liner.jpg

2nd row liner.jpg

cargo liner.jpg

I ordered the one from Amazon I referenced in post #1, should be here in a couple of days. I’ll post a picture of it in the Patinum.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I may ask a silly question. What do you do with it when using the 3rd row seats?
If it is anything like mine in post #7, you can either take it out beforehand or fold it and stow it behind the seats. Keep in mind that was in my 2017 Platinum. The 2020 may have a different setup.

Peter

Folded mat.JPG

Back