Heater ac Control knob question

Flashflood

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer 94 xlt
What is the difference between the 91 and 92 AC/heater speed control knobs compared to the 93 and 94's mine broke a while back and I've been really tried of reaching in there trying to turn it with a pair of tweezers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do that too. I'm really glad you posted because it made me remember to address it in my Exp.

Anyway, I did a lot of look-up and comparing pictures. What I saw looked very similar, and I found sites selling the same part for both segments of years, 91-92 vs 93-94. It could be something very minor. However, I found they were easy to find by Ford part number. So, I guess what I would do is call your Ford dealership parts counter, get the right part number for your year, and google it for a seller. I spent about 30 minutes trying to get this straight from websites, and I'm pretty good at this... the info on earlier knobs is just inconclusive.

For what it's worth, the 93-94 is F3TZ-18513-A.

I found one at junk yard for my 94. LMC parts show they have them for 91 - 94 explorer

I do that too. I'm really glad you posted because it made me remember to address it in my Exp.

Anyway, I did a lot of look-up and comparing pictures. What I saw looked very similar, and I found sites selling the same part for both segments of years, 91-92 vs 93-94. It could be something very minor. However, I found they were easy to find by Ford part number. So, I guess what I would do is call your Ford dealership parts counter, get the right part number for your year, and google it for a seller. I spent about 30 minutes trying to get this straight from websites, and I'm pretty good at this... the info on earlier knobs is just inconclusive.

For what it's worth, the 93-94 is F3TZ-18513-A.
Thanks Roadrunner I was just wondering because I was looking at lmc truck for mine due to the fact all the junk yard that's around mine have closed for the season so I was just wondering and I really hated not having one for those really cold mornings

Yeah, I'm becoming less and less a fan of LMC. I was looking there this morning, and they used to be better. Now they about on par with JC Whitney, IMHO.
I feel yea

Back