Vent To Atmosphere (VTA) mod Explorer Sport - issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vent To Atmosphere (VTA) mod Explorer Sport - issues

SHUMAX

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Sport
I did this mod to my 2019 Sport. No issues until recently. The dipstick has come out twice now and sprayed oil everywhere. Coincidence, or a connection to this mod? If not from this mod, why would this happen? When I push it back in? It feels secure. Thoughts?

051C55C8-C9A2-49E5-B4FC-4C8D9A69DD8A.jpeg

AF113BA7-4C71-4F12-AB44-2988596D7158.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long ago did you add it? I believe there is another post about this issue but it did not mention if they installed a VTA.

Peter

Probably 5 months ago. Vehicle has 20,000 miles on it. Probably done at 8k?

I doubt it, but will check. I can still "hear" it as much as I ever have. I did have the oil changed two days before. I half wonder if they didn't get the dipstick all the way back in and even a small amount of pressure kicked it out? I'll be looking it over this weekend as I'm going to need to degrease and power wash the engine bay as it's soaked and stinks....

I doubt it, but will check. I can still "hear" it as much as I ever have. I did have the oil changed two days before. I half wonder if they didn't get the dipstick all the way back in and even a small amount of pressure kicked it out? I'll be looking it over this weekend as I'm going to need to degrease and power wash the engine bay as it's soaked and stinks....

That sounds like the most likely reason, but you said you had to push the dipstick back in 2 times.
Was that 2x recently or 2x over the life of the vehicle?
I don't see how the VTA mod would impact crankcase pressure and blow out the dipstick.

It did this about two months ago, too. Probably right after an oil change, too, come to think of it. The oil level was down about 1/2qt. This time.

Back