• Register Today It's free!

Rainsense Wipers

greeman

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
I hate rainsense wipers. Have never seen them work properly on any make of vehicle. Can they be turned off on my Explorer Platinum, and if so can intermittent be used instead? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it is in your manual on how to turn them off.

I hate rainsense wipers. Have never seen them work properly on any make of vehicle. Can they be turned off on my Explorer Platinum, and if so can intermittent be used instead? Thanks.

I live in south Florida and had them on my 2015 Mustang and loved them. They worked perfect every time and with all the rain we get that was a lot. So far the ST system has performed flawlessly for me.

Love them. They have so far worked flawlessly in varying rain conditions.
Ty ford.

Glad you guys like them. I finally found them on Sync under vehicle settings, Windshield Wipers, Rainsense. Was a slider to turn them off. Haven't tried yet, but hopefully the intermittent will be in effect now. Guess it just drives me crazy to not be in control, but the rainsense wipers get to busy sometimes when the rain has slacked up and not busy enough when it is pouring down.

Glad you guys like them. I finally found them on Sync under vehicle settings, Windshield Wipers, Rainsense. Was a slider to turn them off. Haven't tried yet, but hopefully the intermittent will be in effect now. Guess it just drives me crazy to not be in control, but the rainsense wipers get to busy sometimes when the rain has slacked up and not busy enough when it is pouring down.
Yes, by turning them off in the Sync display, the control should work like a regular intermittent setup. I’m kind of fussy about my intermittent settings, but I’m amazed how well the rainsense works in varying rain conditions.

Back