Auto Start-Stop Technology | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Start-Stop Technology

My start sequence is getting longer lol
I now turn off ASS, then 2 clicks clockwise on mode selector for eco mode, then turn off the 3rd row seatbelt error code with ok button on wheel. (I removed 3rd seat)
No biggie.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i’m guessing this solution won’t work with the new aviator since the SS is an onscreen selection?

The on screen selection is nondofferent then a physical button. If one can find the coding with FORSCAN, it can be disabled.

Now if only that was able to retain the last drive mode setting as well. Tired of cycling between normal and sport every time I start up.

Like others, I wish retaining the last drive mode setting was engineered into the 2020. Could it be done through a firmware update?

I've had my ST for just over a week and here are my quick thoughts on the Auto Start Stop. It is implemented fairly well so that it starts up almost instantaneously and feels smooth. Much better than in a Jeep Compass rental car I had recently where the whole car shook when the engine turned over. However, I do still find it annoying and annoying that it resets to be being enabled each time you turn the car off and back on again. I'll probably get the auto stop eliminator and I'll watch these forums to make sure other people are having success with it.

I understand the fuel economy part of it but I personally don't like it. I want to be in control of the vehicle not the vehicle in control of me. I am in the permanently disable group but to each their own.

I understand the fuel economy part of it but I personally don't like it. I want to be in control of the vehicle not the vehicle in control of me. I am in the permanently disable group but to each their own.

Not arguing but you could say that for everything. Lane departure, cruise control, crash avoidance etc. Its to the point now in vehicles that if one doesnt like the technology, a pedal bike is your only option lol.

Not arguing but you could say that for everything. Lane departure, cruise control, crash avoidance etc. Its to the point now in vehicles that if one doesnt like the technology, a pedal bike is your only option lol.
@blwnsmoke

True enough for the newest stuff, but one can still fall back on the earlier EFI vehicles, say, 1990s, and get the fuel economy benefits and reliability minus all that newer, er, .....****, if you will. imp

I have noticed a feature on the 2020 Aviator that is helping me accept the auto stop technology. When i stop the engine stops (as expected) but if i quickly take my foot off and immediately back onto the brake, the engine keeps running and the auto stop indicator on the dash is turned off. This makes accepting the "auto-stop feature" more palatable.

Wonders how many times someone is going to post the same link in the thread.. :hammer:

You and I both know most people are not going to read all 113 posts. IMHO, it's a good idea for the reader to understand what I am referring to. What is the harm?

I have noticed a feature on the 2020 Aviator that is helping me accept the auto stop technology. When i stop the engine stops (as expected) but if i quickly take my foot off and immediately back onto the brake, the engine keeps running and the auto stop indicator on the dash is turned off. This makes accepting the "auto-stop feature" more palatable.
Yes, and as I and others have mentioned, you only need to let up on the brake slightly, not even enough for the car to move, or turn the steering wheel just fraction off center and the engine starts immediately. Don’t understand the hysteria.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You and I both know most people are not going to read all 113 posts. IMHO, it's a good idea for the reader to understand what I am referring to. What is the harm?

Yet it was posted twice on the current (last) page that we are currently posting on.

So no reason to read all 113 posts, the last 5 or 6 posts would suffice.

Back