Low Oil Pressure warning at idle | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Oil Pressure warning at idle

I solved my problem by simply replacing the oil pressure sensor, I was told by a local service guy that it’s a pretty common part to fail. In following the K.I.S.S principal I decided to stop overthinking the problem and just eliminate a variable.

The part was less than $20 at Autozone but was a bit of a PITA to replace. You need a deep socket that will fit over the sensor but not so deep you can’t get the ratchet on it. It’s tight quarters in there. After the part was replaced I put another 10k on the Ex including several longer trips without any issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the first vehicle I have bought used in the last quarter-century. It was a lease return with 36k on it. ALL those miles were put on by a Mcmansion housed, spandex-wearing, housewife with 2.7 kids spilling stuff all over the back seats. She always had all the recommended service done at the leasing dealer, and even put new Michelin LTX tires on it 2 days before she traded it in. Stupid, but great for me. The reason I bought used? there is absolutely no way I would ever pay anywhere near the 51.3k window sticker for this thing. I was pushing it @ 30k. Now, I WILL abuse it for 4 or 5 years, then trade it in and the dealer will dump it to some un-suspecting rube, and I will have gotten more than my monies worth out of it. BTW, this exploder replaced a 2013 F150 fx4 that I treated the same way. If you're not floor boarding it away from stoplites, you ain't trying hard enough. When I get rid of them, they look pristine on the outside and in the interior. but the drivetrain is about to take a major dump. That kids, is why you don't EVER buy used cars.

To each their own I guess. Sounds selfish af and completely pointless to me. I bought mine used and try to take care of it as best I can. I'd rather keep it and have it for my kids to enjoy than do the whole trade or sell malarkey. Next vehicle we get will also be used, but probably with an ESP as well.

Yes, there is no doubt I am completely selfish. I am so selfish I am the only son of an only son, and I got clipped at 26years old. Right after I got married. So the family line stops right here. There will be NO future generations using carbon credits from me. Between my 3 sisters, I only have 1 niece and 1 nephew, so our family tree is shrinking- how many out there can say that? Net-net I am consuming less natural resources than any of my friends. Also, I am an atheist who spent many years working at stealerships so, if I choose to screw them or the people they sell cars to- I can still sleep with a clear conscience. Most people have no idea how bad they get screwed when they buy vehicles. Where do you think they get the money to pay all those salaries, and pay to keep all those lights on all the time? It isn’t from selling vehicles without making any profit. They make it selling junk to rubes. Why do I beat the crap out of vehicles and sell them every few years? A) because only a fool owns a modern car out of warranty. B) that is how they are designed to be used. C) it’s fun. D) I want to leave this rock someday, without leaving anything to anyone.

I've bought 9 used vehicles since 1967 and never had an issue other than regular maintenance and wear items.

Peter

Got the oil pressure sensor replaced and it's all good. $300 for a $23 part. The location is a pain in the ass so I paid my mechanic to do it, it was money well spent.

Yes, there is no doubt I am completely selfish. I am so selfish I am the only son of an only son, and I got clipped at 26years old. Right after I got married. So the family line stops right here. There will be NO future generations using carbon credits from me. Between my 3 sisters, I only have 1 niece and 1 nephew, so our family tree is shrinking- how many out there can say that? Net-net I am consuming less natural resources than any of my friends. Also, I am an atheist who spent many years working at stealerships so, if I choose to screw them or the people they sell cars to- I can still sleep with a clear conscience. Most people have no idea how bad they get screwed when they buy vehicles. Where do you think they get the money to pay all those salaries, and pay to keep all those lights on all the time? It isn’t from selling vehicles without making any profit. They make it selling junk to rubes. Why do I beat the crap out of vehicles and sell them every few years? A) because only a fool owns a modern car out of warranty. B) that is how they are designed to be used. C) it’s fun. D) I want to leave this rock someday, without leaving anything to anyone.

You sir an idiot and have done nothing to contribute to this discussion, be gone now.........

Ok, im having the same issue described here, and from what I can read, the fix is to replace oil pressure sensor ? right ?

i send the car to check and he told me oil pressure sensor need to be changed i change it but still after 2 days i found some oil in ground he told me wash the car from under

Hey jscribn1, is your Ford light still off one year later?

I have the exact issue and we replaced the sensor but it didn't fix the problem. Just curious.

Hey jscribn1, is your Ford light still off one year later?

I have the exact issue and we replaced the sensor but it didn't fix the problem. Just curious.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted hasn't been seen here since November 1, 2019.

Peter

Back