Anyone know where to find this body panel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know where to find this body panel?

MostlyNewExplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer Sport
I've replaced the rocker panels, now I need to replace the panel just in front of the rear wheel. It

Here's a pic, same year and color of my vehicle(just in better shape)
The panel I need is circled in green.
2000ExplrRearPanel.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Junkyard is it. Nobody makes quarter panels for sports. I bought an entire spare truck for $300 just for spares.

I got a lift gate at a local salvage yard a while back; as I recall they had a couple of Sports in there, if the panels are in good shape on 1 of them they might let me cut out what I need so I can mig them on.

Thanks

you can take a 4 door rocker as well as the lower rear door skin and weld them together. thats how i did mine

you can take a 4 door rocker as well as the lower rear door skin and weld them together. thats how i did mine

Come to think of it, the doors do have similar geometry, just not as much curve where the panel flares out at the wheel well. Do you have pics of how you did that?

i have a billion pics of when i did the truck years ago, but sadly i dont have pics of how i did the door to rocker pics. a four door rocker has the identical curve and wheel lip as a two door however. same as the rocker depending how high up you need to go. using a four door rocker is better in a way because its longer. as mentioned if you separate the outer lower skin from the rear door from a four door and weld it to the dog leg from a four door, its a dead ringer for a two door dog leg/quarter shape as long as you take into place the door gap.
understand what i am trying to say? i have a hard time trying to explain stuff sometimes lol

i have a billion pics of when i did the truck years ago, but sadly i dont have pics of how i did the door to rocker pics. a four door rocker has the identical curve and wheel lip as a two door however. same as the rocker depending how high up you need to go. using a four door rocker is better in a way because its longer. as mentioned if you separate the outer lower skin from the rear door from a four door and weld it to the dog leg from a four door, its a dead ringer for a two door dog leg/quarter shape as long as you take into place the door gap.
understand what i am trying to say? i have a hard time trying to explain stuff sometimes lol

I would have to look at a 4 door rocker and dog leg to see how it would work.

I cut the rust off about 5 or 6 inches up from the bottom, primed and painted it to slow the progression. Both sides are about the same.

Back