Sync 4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 4

I remember getting my newly designed 2015 Ford Mustang Limited Edition with MFT just to see 2016 get Sync 3. Pissed I was
I remember ordering my 12MY Explorer Limited just to see 13MY getting Sport trim...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember getting my newly designed 2015 Ford Mustang Limited Edition with MFT just to see 2016 get Sync 3. Pissed I was

Oh you were in that same boat. Had it on my 15 stang and 16 Platinum. We still own the platinum and have gone through 3 systems now. They last about 6 months before they brick and it gets replaced by guess what another refurbished one because that is all they have.

Oh you were in that same boat. Had it on my 15 stang and 16 Platinum. We still own the platinum and have gone through 3 systems now. They last about 6 months before they brick and it gets replaced by guess what another refurbished one because that is all they have.

Sync 4 has been in the works for a while. There was a leaked image of sync 4 on the 10" Explorer tablet prior to launch. Dont think they would put a brand new redesign vehicle with a system that will be outdated in less than 1 year.

Yes I do and wouldn't be the first or last time Ford has done this.

Never had an issue with my Sync 3 for the 3 years I had it.

Peter

Call Lincoln this morning they said it was very unlikely the 2020 Aviators would get sync 4 and it would be most likely a 2021 feature.

Sync 4 has been in the works for a while. There was a leaked image of sync 4 on the 10" Explorer tablet prior to launch. Dont think they would put a brand new redesign vehicle with a system that will be outdated in less than 1 year.
Yes they would. Sell the vehicle is more important to them.

While some will question why Ford would put an older system in an all new offering when Sync4 is around the corner, I would argue, why would they waste their time putting in next gen hardware and getting Sync 3 to work properly with it if they were planning to update it to Sync 4 within a year. Answer? They are not planning an upgrade path to Sync4. It would be easy to roll out MY2021 with Sync4 and new hardware while keeping everything else in the car the same.

I have that wireless an 10” touchscreen on my 2005! And it only cost $600

Keep in mind upgrades like these generally fall as a new model / mid-cycle update. They usually roll out in the first model year on only a few vehicles. Historically this applies to all OEMs.

Go on eBay guys it’s one module for sync 3 and a touch screen. Sync 4 same thing software

yes it has to integrate

simpler get a 12” that does it all today for $600 and stop thinking Frod has your best interests in mind as customers

I don't hate Sync 3. It works fine except when it's flaky. If Ford would fix Carplay to allow more screen area to be dedicated to it that the latest Carplay update allows for--I'd be happy with it.

I don't hate Sync 3. It works fine except when it's flaky. If Ford would fix Carplay to allow more screen area to be dedicated to it that the latest Carplay update allows for--I'd be happy with it.
Literally the only thing I need out of my 10.1” display to be fully satisfied. Using Waze Ford App for full screen is a nice half step as it looks beautiful and is really easier to navigate, but it lags considerably behind reality and I lose CarPlay functionality.

Makes sense since they are aiming at Tesla. Looks like all controls are now on Sync 4 with no conventional dials or buttons for HVAC and audio.

Interestingly, the 2020 Escape is completely redesigned but, like the Explorer, is shipping with Sync 3. So I wonder if any MY2020 Fords will have Sync 4.

Makes sense since they are aiming at Tesla. Looks like all controls are now on Sync 4 with no conventional dials or buttons for HVAC and audio.

Interestingly, the 2020 Escape is completely redesigned but, like the Explorer, is shipping with Sync 3. So I wonder if any MY2020 Fords will have Sync 4.

Which is funny because one of the biggest complaints was not having physical buttons which Ford ended up adding back in mid cycle.

Which is funny because one of the biggest complaints was not having physical buttons which Ford ended up adding back in mid cycle.

If the UI is good, physical buttons aren't necessary. Even if we did get Sync 4, the screen is just not in a good place for many drivers to access the screen easily. The MachE is like the Tesla, a very large screen that is tiltable towards the driver. The screens on Teslas are leaps and bounds over what we have. It's almost a joke.

Sure, there will always be traditionalists that will never take to interacting with a tablet but reality is, that is the future. Just like many still long for physical buttons on phones... it's gone the way of the dodo bird.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mean phones now have physical buttons?

P1170368_001.JPG

Back