2020 Platinum waiting for final delivery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Platinum waiting for final delivery

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Well looked at the 2020 GMC Acadia Denali, nice vehicle none around here equipped the way I wanted. I could not test drive the new Hyundai Palisade, no one has a Limited in AWD in this area. I broke down and did some hard negotiations with the local Ford dealer. He had a Platinum in white on his lot, with the premium technology package and the premium 21" wheels. I wanted a few other items that he can install so I waiting for those to be installed before I take delivery, should be late this week.
Goodbye to my 2014 Limited Explorer, it's been a good vehicle, time for some newer technology.

TBill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well looked at the 2020 GMC Acadia Denali, nice vehicle none around here equipped the way I wanted. I could not test drive the new Hyundai Palisade, no one has a Limited in AWD in this area. I broke down and did some hard negotiations with the local Ford dealer. He had a Platinum in white on his lot, with the premium technology package and the premium 21" wheels. I wanted a few other items that he can install so I waiting for those to be installed before I take delivery, should be late this week.
Goodbye to my 2014 Limited Explorer, it's been a good vehicle, time for some newer technology.

TBill
Congratulations

You won't regret your choice, TBill. The 2020 Platinum is comfortable, powerful, and loaded with technology. Enjoy!

Congratulations TBill. Enjoy!

Peter

Congrats! Tech is what swayed me to the new Explorer. I am currently driving an 2013 BMW X5 50I TT and love it but it lacks the tech of newer vehicles. Looking forward to getting my 2020 Platinum.

Well, took delivery today, Star White Metallic Tri-Coat, Light Stone Interior, got it with the Premium Technology Package and the Premium 21" wheels, came with Perrelli Scorpion Tires, added the splash guards and the hood defector, 1st & 2nd row floor liners and the cargo mat. So far, so go, will post some pics shortly.

TBill

Well, her it is my new ride, 2020 Platinum
upload_2019-11-8_13-55-46.jpeg

upload_2019-11-8_13-56-5.jpeg

upload_2019-11-8_13-56-21.jpeg

FYI, Tire Pressure from the dealer was at 40 PSI!

Congrats!!

Very nice ...

I'll be ordering one I'm thinking in Feb. How do you like the iPad sticking out of the dash?

getting use to it, lots of information in there that use to be in the instrument panel display on my 2014 Explorer, the Nav. looks great.
TBill

Looks great! I have one just like it except mine has a black interior. Planning to install the splash guards on mine also.

Back