NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
I have a blend date of 11-07-2019. Is that the date it rolls of the line or is that the date they start to build it ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a blend date of 11-07-2019. Is that the date it rolls of the line or is that the date they start to build it ?

Yes, they will start to build yours tomorrow. You should get yours to u in N.J by around 2 weeks or maybe even less :)

Yes, they will start to build yours tomorrow. You should get yours to u in N.J by around 2 weeks or maybe even less :)
Thank you. I hope sooner. My present lease is up 11/22/19

I asked my contacts at CAP the same question, Blend date means "The order of the direct parts are sequenced for build"

I asked my contacts at CAP the same question, Blend date means "The order of the direct parts are sequenced for build"
Which like was said build date Tomorrow....YEA YEA

Thank you. I hope sooner. My present lease is up 11/22/19
That lease end wasn't a problem for me. The dealer took my Explorer back and paid off the remaining year left on it.

Peter

That lease end wasn't a problem for me. The dealer took my Explorer back and paid off the remaining year left on it.

Peter
The dealer my take the car back and pay the end of lease but tat gets put onto your next car, they just don't just pay it and that's the end of it, that is when they use all rebates etc... and what ever the rebate don't cover that gets put onto you new lease. The dealers are able to put up to 10% unto a lease or loan. I don't have no $ to worry about just maybe miles maybe.

The dealer my take the car back and pay the end of lease but tat gets put onto your next car, they just don't just pay it and that's the end of it, that is when they use all rebates etc... and what ever the rebate don't cover that gets put onto you new lease. The dealers are able to put up to 10% unto a lease or loan. I don't have no $ to worry about just maybe miles maybe.

Yep, thats what happened to me. I returned my 2018 Sport after 18 months for an ST, with 18 Months left on the lease.
It had over 42K on it, the dealer added $2K to my new lease. (I did not find that too bad)

Brian

Nothing was added to my new contract. The dealer paid off the remaining lease and bought the vehicle from Ford. It is now on the used car list at the dealer listed at $42,987. The lease pay off would have been $8,792 and the buyback from Ford was $25,436. I'm guessing they have to pay tax (13%) on that as well. I've gone through this 3 times now with this dealer and there was nothing ever added to the new lease from the old one.

Peter

Nothing was added to my new contract. The dealer paid off the remaining lease and bought the vehicle from Ford. It is now on the used car list at the dealer listed at $42,987. The lease pay off would have been $8,792 and the buyback from Ford was $25,436. I'm guessing they have to pay tax (13%) on that as well. I've gone through this 3 times now with this dealer and there was nothing ever added to the new lease from the old one.

Peter
Ok, if you say so. I know that any monies paid always get put into next car, sometime they just know how to write it in unnoticeable, but any way if you are happy with car and payment that is what maters at the end of day. Enjoy your new toy. I can't wait until i get mines....

Peter

Peter

For your 2017 Explorer it makes sense that you had nothing added on your new lease. The dealer gave you $34228.00 for your Explorer
with only 16K (km) on it in 3 years. Its easly worth there asking price used.

The dealer gave me $43K for mine 2018 Sport with over 42K (km) on it. I owed $45K so the difference of 2K was added onto my new lease.
The last 2 early end lease deals with the same dealer, they paid what was owing on the lease to Ford and I did not have any add on, in fact
on the 2013 Sport, that I traded for a 2016 Sport the dealer gave me 3K more than I owed Ford on the by out.

Brian

Peter

For your 2017 Explorer it makes sense that you had nothing added on your new lease. The dealer gave you $34228.00 for your Explorer
with only 16K (km) on it in 3 years. Its easly worth there asking price used.

The dealer gave me $43K for mine 2018 Sport with over 42K (km) on it. I owed $45K so the difference of 2K was added onto my new lease.
The last 2 early end lease deals with the same dealer, they paid what was owing on the lease to Ford and I did not have any add on, in fact
on the 2013 Sport, that I traded for a 2016 Sport the dealer gave me 3K more than I owed Ford on the by out.

Brian
How you like the ST...

Not necessarily. With the low miles that Peter puts on his vehicles, they are worth far more then the payoff. I'm willing to bet they pay it off and buy it out from Ford and then resell it for a profit considering how low the miles are. So although they are paying the lease off, they are most likely profiting far more on the sale of it to someone else.

Edit - probably should have read the rest of the thread before replying.

Not necessarily. With the low miles that Peter puts on his vehicles, they are worth far more then the payoff. I'm willing to bet they pay it off and buy it out from Ford and then resell it for a profit considering how low the miles are. So although they are paying the lease off, they are most likely profiting far more on the sale of it to someone else.

Edit - probably should have read the rest of the thread before replying.
I did read it all. I still say what i said is what i feel and seen happen even with low miles. I have never been in any situation like being what they say upside down. I'm waiting on my 2020. it was almost 60k. I got it for 53k after all rebates, x plan and dealer extra perks.
They are putting in front and rear dash cam with all time record and window tint. Just waiting for shipping.

The dealer gave you $34228.00 for your Explorer with only 16K (km) on it in 3 years. Its easly worth there asking price used.

Brian
Actually it had 11,976 km (7442 miles) on it. It also has 1 year of ESP left if the buyer wants to transfer it.

Peter

Wife has a 2018 Escape titanium with 4200 mile 15 month left

I did read it all. I still say what i said is what i feel and seen happen even with low miles. I have never been in any situation like being what they say upside down. I'm waiting on my 2020. it was almost 60k. I got it for 53k after all rebates, x plan and dealer extra perks.
They are putting in front and rear dash cam with all time record and window tint. Just waiting for shipping.

I'm saying I should have read the whole thread before replying, not you. Peter basically said what I said without me knowing it rendering my post worthless lol.

I'm saying I should have read the whole thread before replying, not you. Peter basically said what I said without me knowing it rendering my post worthless lol.
LOL LOL

Blwnsmoke- What you think if my ST had a Blend date of 11/07/2019. You think it was build today ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blwnsmoke- What you think if my ST had a Blend date of 11/07/2019. You think it was build today ?

Most likely coming off the line tomorrow or Saturday.

Back