Aviator vs. Explorer: Differences | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aviator vs. Explorer: Differences

its to hot of a car - HOWEVER, if you are a Vet through Veterans Advantage.com you can get $500 above sticker on a Ford or Lincoln!!! Thats how I got mine

Why would you pay $500 over sticker for being a Vet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do not know if it has been covered yet but the suspension between the Aviator and Explorer are pretty different not even counting the air ride. The explorer has MacPherson front suspension with a multi-link rear end. The aviator has a SLA front end and integral link rear end. I find it odd that the aviator has a suspension set up that lends it self more to performance setup than the ST.

I do not know if it has been covered yet but the suspension between the Aviator and Explorer are pretty different not even counting the air ride. The explorer has MacPherson front suspension with a multi-link rear end. The aviator has a SLA front end and integral link rear end. I find it odd that the aviator has a suspension set up that lends it self more to performance setup than the ST.
I can definitely feel an improved ride in the Aviator over the 2017 Platinum I had.

Peter

For those thinking about an Aviator (or, waiting for MINE to be delivered) Dan Neil pens a very good review of the Aviator in the Wall Street Journal's Nov. 23/24 issue, page D15. Not positive whether this link is visible to non-subscribers but I thought I'd try. I learned some features about the Aviator vs. the Explorer that I did not know.

/park

2020 Lincoln Aviator: An SUV with the Comforts of a Private Jet

Back