I bought a Unicorn of Explorers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bought a Unicorn of Explorers

Here are pics of the one near me. $750, needs new transmission...

49998266_10215398380766217_4646253547313168384_n.jpg

49761411_10215398371845994_8038364699890286592_n.jpg

50272079_10215398372526011_2947822070278389760_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's the deal with the fiberglass/plastic roof? Does it do anything? It's not like you can walk around with the extra headroom. It's not a VW camper. The leopard print steering wheel cover is a nice touch.

That one was rumored to be previously owned by a Denver Bronco player, I think. My buddy has a used car lot, and he sold it. I should ask him about it someday.

To me, the Explorer owned by a "famous" person didn't make it worth more. It had higher mileage. It was in better shape back when my buddy had it on his lot though. It was still a 96 Explorer regardless...

What's the deal with the fiberglass/plastic roof? Does it do anything? It's not like you can walk around with the extra headroom. It's not a VW camper. The leopard print steering wheel cover is a nice touch.

On his third pic you can see there's some accessories tucked up in that roof....looks like a mini-tv etc....
On that leopard print I sure hope it was that Bronco players WIFE who put those on! LOL! !

I want one just so I can say I did have one
Needs V8 and SAS

You could put those color changing LED kits in the overhead space with lots of speakers and hang down DVD players woot woot

Come get this one @410Fortune. It’s been for sale for months. Pry be super cheap, unless it’s already sold to a junkyard...

I want one just so I can say I did have one
Needs V8 and SAS

You could put those color changing LED kits in the overhead space with lots of speakers and hang down DVD players woot woot
Waterbed, and a mirror on the ceiling?

Shag Carpet...

200.webp

A white '96 Centaurus just showed up at the local U Pull. Only the second time I've seen one up close. I understand only a couple hundred were made by LCM out of Elkhart, IN (conversion van capital of the world back then).

The Centaurus is a lot like Bigfoot.....nobody believes it really exist until you actually see one out in the wild... ;)

I got one more.... a Centaurs is the offspring of a Explorer and a 90's Dodge Conversion van... okay......that's it.... (for now at least)

Another one of these rarities ends up at the J.Y. :

AND THERE'S a mint sport with 4WD in this link too....

Back