Raptor

Craigerz

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 4x4
Well it went from 105 to 50. That’s TX for you. Was too cold to do anything else but I got a start on what I could do in my tiny garage.

Have spent the past 2 weeks sanding and removing trim. Bondo the holes on the bottom where the running boards were connected.

56F6B750-8406-4212-B9FC-AAB167E1F983.jpeg

8F8FB295-B118-4430-A09F-1085A0B4A767.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always underestimate the work involved in this stuff

EC3EB61D-F9C8-49FC-B276-DCF3FF29FACB.jpeg

EDDE44DD-BF97-4C82-86C2-7D812668B38C.jpeg

F2C1DD38-D64C-4AAA-9EBF-8070919E75D0.jpeg

29396FAD-F0E8-4E43-96CC-0877E9C8B318.jpeg

25D55093-B0BF-4E5A-B708-63CA39B7535A.jpeg

Heck yes!
Underestimate is my middle name
How do you like the raptorliner? What did you spray it with?
I love that color

50 degrees here is considered WARM weather for this time of year LOL opposite border

Thanks, I like the color too... were still trying to pick a name for it so any suggestions would help.

It’s pretty easy. You pick a color and how many bottles you want. It all comes in individual pre measured bottles of liner color and hardener. Just mix up a quart, the bottle is made to screw onto the gun the provided and shoot. Using 2 different colors was a pain because I had to re tape everything twice but I like the results.

Now to get the fenders back on, the grill painted and the bumper tightened up. Windshields being replaced tomorrow so she should be road worthy by this weekend.

Speaking of 50's I need to start cutting firewood before it gets into the 40's

Really like how that turned out. How much was the total cost of this so far?

About 250 but I ended up with 2 bottles left over. Think I might do my trailer to match.

Man if it's that easy I may just order some black and do the roof on mine. The color and clearcoat is getting real thin.

I was thinking about doing the roof black because it’s cheaper but I was worried about the sun beating down on it in the summer

E063414C-B59A-43DA-9003-3BE2F611B324.png

49ACAAF2-20CE-4EFA-8E5D-39FC6C8CF808.jpeg

I still have one bottle of orange left. Got some touch up spots to do.

In need of some opinions. I don’t like where the black meets the fender. Should I pull the grill out and make the bottom line orange? I’m talking about the black part under the grill.

That’s the bumper from RockRanger btw. It’s not bolted down yet so I still have some shimming and what not

Yea, I've been concerned about the heat as well, out here in AZ. But the option (for me) is to get something color matched to the original Eddie Bauer green. And even if I could do that it'd run into serious money.

The Raptorliner is tintable. I just got the one that had the color already available because I was changing colors. You can go down to your paint store and buy a few oz of base color to color match your truck.

image.jpg

I was thinking about doing the roof black because it’s cheaper but I was worried about the sun beating down on it in the summer

View attachment 175371

View attachment 175372

I still have one bottle of orange left. Got some touch up spots to do.

In need of some opinions. I don’t like where the black meets the fender. Should I pull the grill out and make the bottom line orange? I’m talking about the black part under the grill.

I like all of that, good work. I too might make the thin trim line orange too, but how about making more of the fender black, some kind of line from the grill trim over to the wheel well?

Can that be made a very dark green? I've got a paint color change planned to use an OEM 98-01 dark green, the one on the dark green Limited's.

Back