Upcoming desert trips? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upcoming desert trips?

When is KOH? I can probably get down in Feb, around President's day weekend (Feb 18), or in March..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When is KOH? I can probably get down in Feb, around President's day weekend (Feb 18), or in March..

I believe KOH is the last weekend of January.

Our lives have been in such turmoil that I haven't wanted to make plans only to have to bow out. As of now there is nothing going on for us over the next few months.

It is amazing what can change in just a couple days.

My mother went in for a hysterectomy on Friday. She called yesterday morning to tell me that both of her ovaries were cancerous. On top of that she informed me that just a couple weeks prior, she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.

They haven't staged either cancer yet, so there is no plan of action until they do. We just buried my father a month ago after a nearly year long fight. Two weeks ago, my best friend in AZ passed away :banghead:

As they say, getting old ain't for sissies, but it sure beats the other option.

My mother had a double mastectomy at about age 48. It came back real angry and in her spine at age 76, and got her at 83. Its treatable if caught early enough.

Edit; F%&K CANCER!!!!

My mom is 77. It will be tough fighting two primary cancers at the same time that's for sure.

Sorry to hear about this Rick. :(

Wishing you luck and strength.

Sorry to hear that Rick. That's tough. Praying for the family. Keep the fighting spirit and don't lose hope.

So I know this has been going around for a while but is anyone up for mlk? I know we all need to get out and get away.

I'm still up in the air and can't make any plans. My mom's surgery still hasn't been scheduled. They have to coordinate two surgeons to work together and it's taking forever. All we know right now is that they are shooting for sometime in January.

I'm in for MLK :thumbsup:

We got 3, I can put a invitation to the Ranger guys, if you guys don't mind grabbing some new blood...:thumbsup:

I'm dead. Isabella has another 6 weeks of restrictions due to fluid in the stiffle (knee) joint. No traveling for me until she's better.

My mom's surgery is scheduled for Jan 20:banghead:

So I'm going to head out there in 2 weeks from today? Where are we staying? :dunno:

I'm in. I can camp wherever since I don't have a motor home

Oh dang that means I need to work on my trailer before then :eek:

I'm just tenting it and just bringing the Ranger. JP needs a fuel pump or something, and the Navajo is still under construction.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back