No Heat!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Heat!!

arempfer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
Hey yall so I've been trying to diagnose my heat troubles. So far I've checked both hoses going/coming from my heater core both get hot. I did a flush on it the other night with radar cleaner. My coolant level hasnt dropped its still full. I'm trying to see if I can figure it out before I have to spend $800 plus on someones ripping out the heater core. I drive a 2009 Explorer v6 4.0.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was there no heat before you did the radiator flush?
If you had heat before then you most likely have trapped air in the heater core. Or the blend door actuator is stuck on cold and needs replacing. Usually the actuator will make grinding noises like its trying to move but cant because the gears are stripped.

I did burp the coolant system after the flush. I was messing around and noticed that heat is coming out of the vents from the headliner of the explorer but not the dash. I replaced the blend door actuator about a year ago.

The last time I had no heat in the front but had heat in the back it was the blend door actuator. I kjnow that you changed it about a year ago - pull it and check it anyway.

my vote goes for blend door broken or actuator dead since the bypass valve is working since both hoses get hot... the rear would still get hot because its a separate complete hvac unit

So I figured out what was wrong with yalls help. When I changed out the blend door actuator last year I didnt make sure it was the right one ‍. I know I'm not the smartest man but I cant believe this whole time that was the problem. Thanks for your time and help yall rock!

I'm glad you solved your problem.

Back