Adding Power Liftgate | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding Power Liftgate

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
In your edit you say you have the factory "electric manual gate". I don't see how you can have both. It is either a power liftgate (electric) or a manual one (non powered).

Peter
Thanks for the welcome, To clarify, what I have is the electronic latch with the button on the outside but without the power lift feature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the welcome, To clarify, what I have is the electronic latch with the button on the outside but without the power lift feature.
Okay, thanks. That is the manual liftgate.

I am also VERY interested in gathering the parts from the local scrap yard and trying to add the "factory" gate it, if im understanding I would need the actual lift, the lift gate module, the pinch sensors, and the dash switch??

I believe you would need everything in post #15 and programming to recognize what state the transmission is in. The OEM one also allows you to set the opening height.
Not sure if this may help. Lift Gate for 2013 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter

The list in post 15 is what really made me think about the scrap yard part, I thought that If i can get the parts at a reasonable enough price I should be able to use the asbuilt data from the donor vehicle to make the needed bcm changes to mine... hopefully maybe??

^^ Your thread was merged with this existing one. Good luck,

Peter

Update: I fixed power liftgate button.. i made the hole in the panel and fit the dash button, and gave connection to tailgate ... and its working perfectly.. also I installed foot sensor, now the liftgate is opening via foot sensor as well (just like in explorer 2016+), just one thing is remaining for me; liftgate is not opening from remote. I enabled the liftgate feature via forscan as well, but after enabling it from forscan liftgate doesnt work. I have 5 button orignal keyfob.. remote start is already there and its working from remote...

Any clue or suggestion anyone can provide to make it work via remote?
Hi .did you ever get the FOB release to work?

Found this online anyone used it? Curious if it actually works as I would like to add it to mine.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
In going through the thread, it doesn't seem that this particular product has been used or posted about before. If you go ahead and order it, please keep us informed about the installation. Thanks.

Peter

Back