2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production

Got my VIN number this morning. Has not yet been scheduled. :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awaiting production scheduling. If anyone has received both a VIN and a production schedule date for a 2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid and will post the last 5-digits of their VIN, I might get some idea of when mine might get scheduled. My Number is 26436. :)

I believe it was mentioned before that VIN sequencing doesn't mean much in the way of production scheduling.

Peter

My assumption is that the number is possibly the relative sequence of vehicles in the plant by line. Just checking the A-line(s) of 5 available currently produced VINs for 2020 Limited Explorers (non-hybrids) their numbers are in order by their production date. In fact 2 of them, at different dealers, with only 10 numbers between them were produced only 17 days apart. Realizing the XLT and possible other models are run on the same A-line(s) was why I asked for information on upcoming B-line production. I could certainly be wrong, but that is my belief. :confused2:

My assumption is that the number is possibly the relative sequence of vehicles in the plant by line. Just checking the A-line(s) of 5 available currently produced VINs for 2020 Limited Explorers (non-hybrids) their numbers are in order by their production date. In fact 2 of them, at different dealers, with only 10 numbers between them were produced only 17 days apart. Realizing the XLT and possible other models are run on the same A-line(s) was why I asked for information on upcoming B-line production. I could certainly be wrong, but that is my belief. :confused2:

VINs are the 1st 5 digits, once you hit 100,000 units, it must go to B and start over. That's the only thing the letter mean.

A99999 then B00001 then B00002.

B99998, B99999 then, C00001

VINs are not built in order down the line but are assigned in order.

Again, as always, thanks blwnsmoke for the information. Is there any way to find where the A-sequence stands at the end of a week?

Still waiting patiently for some blend date information on my VIN. I'm wondering if anyone has yet received a build or blend date for a 2020 Limited Explorer Hybrid?

After checking production tracking of my VIN, I just called Ford Corporate Customer Service (800-392-3673) for any information on 2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid production status. The answer I got was disappointing. They said that production would not start until December of 2019. There advise was to contact my dealer’s sales manager for more information. Does anyone have different information?

Thanks for your response Peter. If Ford received their EPA Okay by August 30th , had created the new Chicago hybrid production line, and will have produced over 100,000 2020’s there by this week (according to available Dealer's Ordered information); it looks like other things might be slowing hybrid production. I believe this is longest lead time I have had from VIN receipt to scheduled build from the 1990’s to now. :)

The Hybrid has always been a Late Availability trim with no date given for production.

I have only seen 1 Aviator GT scheduled from a member for mid November. I assume the Explorer should start somewhere around there as well.

Well, still no blend date on my Explorer Limited Hybrid. However, as of the 25th of October, one of the dealers in my area had a "Dealer Ordered" Explorer manufactured with the V-sequence VIN higher that mine. So, I assume that once they start production on the Chicago Hybrid line they will pick up skipped VINs. :crazy:

So, an Lincoln hybrid has now been scheduled for production. I'm crossing my fingers that they will soon schedule an Explorer Limited hybrid. If any one finds out anything about that, please post it. Thanks.

Finally - looks like they have started Explorer Limited Hybrid production late last week. Dealer ordered versions appear to be coming of the production line for Texas now. Great news. I hope that customer ordered vehicles will begin to come soon. :):):)

Still waiting patiently for some blend date information on my VIN. I'm wondering if anyone has yet received a build or blend date for a 2020 Limited Explorer Hybrid?

My online sticker shows a 2019 10 24 BLEND 9602 for VIN ending A92781 but the Ford order tracking web site shows "In Production" on 11/4/19 with N/A for dealer delivery.

The info is top center of the Window sticker

Finally - looks like they have started Explorer Limited Hybrid production late last week. Dealer ordered versions appear to be coming of the production line for Texas now. Great news. I hope that customer ordered vehicles will begin to come soon. :):):)

My Aviator didn't get built on the 11th as I was told it would be then or the 12th. My "concierge" lady said that as of today, the 15th, it's still "in process".

blwnsmoke should be able to give you a better answer than I can. To the best of my understanding, the bottom left date on the sticker is the build date. My checking shows two dealer ordered hybrids in the A76000's with that date 11/08/2019 in one and 11/13/2019 in the other. My order includes AWD and of all orders with stickers that I have seen so far, all are RWD. Good luck on receiving delivery of your order as soon as possible. :bow:

Bottom right is the build date.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

peterk9 What does the bottom left sticker date mean?

Back