• Register Today It's free!

Sync Version History

Chuck Neubert

Reaction score
City, State
Uniontown, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Is there anywhere I can find out what the changes are for updates to Sync? For example, right now I have Sync 3.4 build 19101. I know I can go to the dealer to get build 19200 but I'd like to know what's changed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are 3 versions thus far. 19101, 19200 and 19274. There's generally no "what's changed" list. Too expansive. I think they've supplied some lists to dealers for what's new with v3.4, but I don't think that goes much beyond 19101.

I was told my Lincoln (on line chat) that for version 3.4 19101 is the most current period. I was told for Version 3.0 19274 is the latest. Anyone know different

My Aviator has 19200. It is an October build.

Peter

I was told my Lincoln (on line chat) that for version 3.4 19101 is the most current period. I was told for Version 3.0 19274 is the latest. Anyone know different
I just returned from the dealer today and they updated my 2020 Explorer ST with software version 19274 (Sync 3.4)

19274 is the latest. 19101 is the launch version. 19200 has a large amount of change over 19101. 19274 is basically 19200 + additional bug fixes, crash fixes, etc. Example, in 19200 some prompts might abruptly cut off (like setting a destination by voice). Clear as mud?

19274 is the latest. 19101 is the launch version. 19200 has a large amount of change over 19101. 19274 is basically 19200 + additional bug fixes, crash fixes, etc. Example, in 19200 some prompts might abruptly cut off (like setting a destination by voice). Clear as mud?

Curious if you know if any of us on 19101 will eventually receive an OTA update? Or will any updates need to be via USB or dealership?

Curious if you know if any of us on 19101 will eventually receive an OTA update? Or will any updates need to be via USB or dealership?

I haven't heard what the plan is there specific to MY20 vehicles to be honest. For now it's a dealer only, but at some point the user USB/OTA updates will become available. My guess is they'd push the release that's being worked on now out that way, but that's just a guess.

Do you know the specific bug fixes for 19274. I am seeing soooo many bugs it drives me nuts.

I can only speak with certainty to my domain. Shoot me a PM with your issues. I can skim through the system and see if they happen to be included when I get a chance.

I can only speak with certainty to my domain. Shoot me a PM with your issues. I can skim through the system and see if they happen to be included when I get a chance.
I see that 19274 is current for the Ford. Is 19274 Also available for the 2020 Aviator???

I see that 19274 is current for the Ford. Is 19274 Also available for the 2020 Aviator???

Yep. Version generally applies to every display size / brand. I think there may be a one off number for the latest 4" display, but that's generally the exception to the rule.

It is not available for download. According to my account, I am up to date with 19200. I'm guessing it is currently a dealer install.

Peter

It is not available for download. According to my account, I am up to date with 19200. I'm guessing it is currently a dealer install.

Peter
Yes same for mine (2020 Reserve II) on web site and a "chat" with Lincoln, but I have appointment at dealer to get updated Monday. Im letting them know about 19274 as well, just to be sure.

Correct, if you want it currently it's a dealer install.

Got my Lincoln 2020 build updated today at the dealer to 19274. Went smooth and no issue, but I also can't tell any differences!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back