Floor, cargo mats / liners | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor, cargo mats / liners

If I may ask a silly question. What do you do with it when using the 3rd row seats?
I rarely need the third row for seating but on that rare occasion I fold it over on itself (cargo area not needed) or take it out and leave it in the garage (cargo area needed). Easy peasy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I rarely use the 3rd row seats but when I do I leave the cargo mat in my garage.
T Bill

Here is my new Smartliner installed late yesterday, much better than the Ford OEM cargo liner. This one covers all of the area on the outsides all the way up the the 2nd row of seats. Much thicker material than the OEM one and it fits very nicely as you can see from the photo!:)

upload_2019-11-23_8-33-33.jpeg

Very nice looking item ! Where, how much etc etc

I've used Weather Tech in my other cars; they make a first-rate product. But in my 2020 Explorer I went with OEM all around. I purchased Ford's version because at the time of my purchase Weather Tech didn't offer second row passenger mats. I like Ford's mats in the passenger area. But I agree with other comments; Ford's cargo mat is flimsy and doesn't cover the entire deck. Pretty stupid. I too may end up getting something else.

I noticed that TBill, who made the original post here, purchased the tan interior, which I did also. Even with that, I was quite disappointed at all the black in the interior - on the panels, in the carpet, even those mats --- black everywhere. Why is everyone infatuated with black? Or maybe Ford is simply looking to cut costs. I don't like it.

People who owned previous few generations of Explorers usually praised the Husky mats the best. They are about to come out or are out already, I have to double check.

People who owned previous few generations of Explorers usually praised the Husky mats the best. They are about to come out or are out already, I have to double check.

Husky has them direct but only 10% off currently. I posted in another thread Amazon has them for preorder and are almost 30% off. I ordered a set last week.. waiting for delivery date.

I have the Husky Liners after having the Weather Techs in my last two Explorers. I really like the feel and look of Husky.

Welcome to the Forum.Bburg Boy.:wave:

Peter

when I looked at this mat on Amazon I get a message that it won’t fit an Aviator. I find it hard to believe there is a difference behind the second row of an Explorer and the Aviator footprint. My dealer has ordered the mat 3times and each time the box has the correct part number but the mat for behind the third row.
Say
There is some confusion among the manufacturer's for floor mats with the 2020 models. WeatherTech offers a behind the 2nd row seats for a standard Explorer, but not the Hybrid. Only the behind 3rd row seats and that is the ONLY mat they show for the Aviator.

I called Weather Tech and trust me that is not for the faint of heart. Took me two days and LOTS of being on hold. When I finally got someone, he said that there were minor differences between the floor pan on the Hybrids and the standard models so they'd not made one for the Hybrids yet. He said about 5 to 6 weeks for availability, when I asked to pre-order one, he aid no pre-orders. When I told him my dealer already had the rest of the Weather Tech mats for my new Aviator, he asked for my email and told me they'd let me know when the new mats were available.

So I do not know what the other manufacturers are doing, but that's Weather Tech's story.

Ordered the Ford all weather mats and the cargo mat for behind the 2nd row and they showed up today via FedEx. Disappointed taking them out of the box, they are more plastic feeling than rubber feeling, was hoping for more of a rubber mat like a Raptor mat. Anyone know if the Husky X-Act Contour mats are more rubber material than plastic?

Ordered the Ford all weather mats and the cargo mat for behind the 2nd row and they showed up today via FedEx. Disappointed taking them out of the box, they are more plastic feeling than rubber feeling, was hoping for more of a rubber mat like a Raptor mat. Anyone know if the Husky X-Act Contour mats are more rubber material than plastic?

Yes, they are very flexible thick rubber. Only the 3 rows are available, still waiting for the cargo mat.

Husky liners now available

Yes, they are very flexible thick rubber. Only the 3 rows are available, still waiting for the cargo mat.

Husky liners now available

Have you felt the Ford ones to compare them to the Husky ones by chance? Womder if I can even return the Ford ones, I bought from Levittown online.

The X-Act Contour liners are more of a rubber material than their Weatherbeater liners that I've always used and was very happy with. The Aviator came with floor mats and the optional All Weather liners. These are likely the same as the Ford ones you received except for the logo. If you look at the front liners you will see that they have a piece that covers an area between the side of the seat and the door sill. The Huskys don't have that coverage.

Peter

Have you felt the Ford ones to compare them to the Husky ones by chance? Womder if I can even return the Ford ones, I bought from Levittown online.

Never felt the Ford mats. I've been buying Husky's for my vehicles since 2011 and love them all. They are a soft but thick rubber so they will fold nicely to remove them and not spill dirt/liquid inside the vehicle.

The X-Act Contour liners are more of a rubber material than their Weatherbeater liners that I've always used and was very happy with. The Aviator came with floor mats and the optional All Weather liners. These are likely the same as the Ford ones you received except for the logo. If you look at the front liners you will see that they have a piece that covers an area between the side of the seat and the door sill. The Huskys don't have that coverage.

Peter

Maybe it is the lighting but the picture you took of your Aviator looks the exact same as the Husky's I had posted of my ST.

It curves up but doesn't go over the sill plate. I don't see anything covered on your sill plate. Am I just not seeing it?

Maybe it is the lighting but the picture you took of your Aviator looks the exact same as the Husky's I had posted of my ST.

It curves up but doesn't go over the sill plate. I don't see anything covered on your sill plate. Am I just not seeing it?
There is a piece about 8" long that comes up and wraps around the bottom front left of the driver's seat base. Front right on the passenger side. It's right above the "ln" of the Lincoln in the sill plate.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lin21,

I don't know which Ford mats you got, I have the ones that were optional when you order or purchase the mats with the 2020 Explorer. Mine are nice thick flexible rubber, much better than the WeatherTech ones I had in my 2014. Here are a couple of photos. Notice the small rubber flap that comes up next to the side of the seats.

CECBE416-57BB-458C-87FA-591E0136F948.jpeg

7F9EAF85-F048-46AC-8B08-0A6DACDAEC37.jpeg

Back