Steeda trailing arms and sway bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steeda trailing arms and sway bar

Fettfan105

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Pulled the trigger and ordered both, sign up for email notifications and get 10% off. Next will be the B6 Bilsteins

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome, once you get them installed - let us know how it goes.

We also offer military & first responder discounts!

TJ

I assume the rear wheels must be removed to install these, cannot find torque specs for the rear trailing arms anywhere

I assume the rear wheels must be removed to install these, cannot find torque specs for the rear trailing arms anywhere

Technically, you don't have to remove the wheels but it will make it easier. The torque specs should be the same as the Ford Service Manual - our tech is looking for that & if he can provide it, I will send your way.

TJ

On a 2014 the rear trailing arm spec is arm-to-subframe 165 Nm (122 lb-ft), arm-to-wheel knuckle 150 Nm (111 lb-ft).

Thank you for the assist!

TJ

So 123 and 111lbs, Steeda tech came back with 75lbs who is correct???

Can I jack on the rear diff without damage? This truck costs too much to mess up

We use what is in the Ford Manual.

Technically, both are correct. Our installation team confirms that is is a range. It is best to go with what is in the service manual as we don't post torque specs since they are always changing.

TJ

Awesome, once you get them installed - let us know how it goes.

We also offer military & first responder discounts!

TJ

Damn, I didn't know this, lol. Ordered the complete set last week already.....sad face...oh well...haha

Damn, I didn't know this, lol. Ordered the complete set last week already.....sad face...oh well...haha
You won’t be disappointed, dramatic difference in handling. I torqued the trailing arm to frame at 110ft lbs and arm to hub at 100ft lbs. with the truck on ramps and limited room, no way I was getting 122 at the frame

Can I jack on the rear diff without damage? This truck costs too much to mess up

Ford says don't do it. People who have done it (100% of the time or only usually? I don't know) state it didn't cause any harm. If you feel it costs too much to mess up, it's probably worth the extra minute it takes to jack up each side at a time, and surely you have two jack stands that you're going to use, right? Never rely on the jack alone.

I wouldn't jack mine up on the diff. There's no "need" to do that.

Pulled the trigger and ordered both, sign up for email notifications and get 10% off. Next will be the B6 Bilsteins
I've looked all over their website and can't figure out how to sign up for email notifications. Can you help? thanks

Just ordered the sway bar, now just have to play the waiting game.

I've looked all over their website and can't figure out how to sign up for email notifications. Can you help? thanks

I think it popped up when I went to their site...however, the rear sway bar is on sale and the 10% cannot be combined ( i tried). I'm on the fence for ordering, mainly because I'm not sure how much longer I'll have the Ex (thinking about downsizing).

Back