2020 Explorer Limited vs ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Limited vs ST

Ken Adams

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Hello all! Test drove the new Limited and the ST last night. Beautiful vehicle! I'm upgrading from a 2016 Ford Fusion. I'm just deciding between the Limited and the ST. I don't tow ever or race or anything, just 50/50 local/highway. The 4 cylinder makes me a little nervous for a vehicle with a GVW over 6,000. Should I be nervous? I didn't notice a huge difference during the test drive between the two. I'm buying it, plan on keeping it for 3-6 years, about 12k miles/year, planning on regular 87 octane. The ST will be about $100 more a month for 48 months compared to the Limited. The more power the better, right? Or is the ST too jerky as one poster said.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have have the XLT just short of 5 months. The XLT and Limited have the same engine. This follows a '15 Explorer with a V6 (and other V6's before that). The 4 cylinder with turbo easily gets the job done. I drive hills to and from work and this has no problems. Punches it. I have no regrets getting this model. It's just as pleasure to drive.

I was very hesitant to buy my Limited because it has the standard 4 cyl. But it has genuine power and is no slouch honestly. If you want real performance with potential for modifications, get the ST. If you are just using it as a daily driver, the Limited may be the most logical.

Thank you all for your replies! Honestly :) I'm at the dealership as I type this getting the Limited. Very excited!
Congrats Ken. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. When you get it home, don't forget to update your profile with the 'trim' level.;)

Peter

upload_2019-12-5_20-41-41.png

Back