96 ford explorer optional "sport seat" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

96 ford explorer optional "sport seat"

GrayGhost96

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt v6
I was watching retro reviews and ran across mention of a 96 ford explorer with optional sport seat with adjustable leading edge. Up until now I though my seat was just wore out and broken .

said link:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha...never knew that, either. There is a '96 at the local U Pull with the optional pwr lumbar and side support. Will have to check to see if the leading edge pulls out next time I'm out there.

Those are the same seats that ford put in the fox body Mustang GTs and Tbird turbo coupes.

I have those. My ex-Ford mechanic ex-neighbor had the same exact seats in his 91-94 Explorer

Mine has that on the driver side (sport 96 OHV). The passenger side has a regular seat with lumbar support.

I was watching retro reviews and ran across mention of a 96 ford explorer with optional sport seat with adjustable leading edge. Up until now I though my seat was just wore out and broken .

said link:

oh yeah, my 1995 with a blown transmission has those. my new-to-me 1999 does not. and yeah the leading edge thing just pumps up the bolster

Back