• Register Today It's free!

HCAN bus text port location

mattland

Reaction score
City, State
Cumberland, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Does anyone have any insight as to where the HCAN bus test port location is on a 2015 explorer XLT? Specifically it’s the C2122 connector. Maybe some illustrations of under dash wiring or photos of anyone has them. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If memory serves me correct you want the multi media can bus which if I recall correctly is DLC/OBD pin 3 for the + (high side) and pin 11 for the - (low side). You can also get power from pin 16 and ground at pin 4. You can carefully just insert bare wires into those slots. But be darn careful not to short to other pins or anything. Then you can test it and mess with the programming if you programmer sees the TCU.

But it likely will not work even though it will register on the system.

Hi Jason. Are you able to click on the link I posted above? Several members have said they cannot even though it works for me.
Thanks.

Peter

Fails for me too.

Hi Jason. Are you able to click on the link I posted above? Several members have said they cannot even though it works for me.
Thanks.

Peter

Thanks Jason.

@mattland
Have you done any testing with it hooked up like I specified?

Back