• Register Today It's free!

OBD II and Software

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi, have a simply question. Which Software diagnostic software for laptop is the best? Specally for the 2001 Sport Trac.
The can read and programating.
Because I think over the Laptop is still the best alternative for me, I dont need a Tablet or a special tool like Autel, that is more for Companies.
What I want is a full controll over all what is possible on the Sport Trac 2001 reading, changing or programate things. Because when the not can do that I have to run again to a mechanic for use Computers like Autel.

Hope some can Help

Regards Manuel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Research ForScan

Ok I was downloading now Forscan v2.3.26 beta, what I need too is then the right obd II adabter that works with Forscan and my Sport Trac from 2001.
Which adabter is good, I dont want any chinese **** that maybe damaged something because I was hearing some adabters get fired.
But what I dont know is for a full functionally work that I need a extendet Licence or not.
Still when I open Forscan offline there is a vehicle list inside or the show my only that vehicle who is connected then.

Thanks

Do you want a wired or wireless connection? Look on Amazon for ELM327 ODBII adapters. Both types are available. Most here find that the free version of ForScan does a lot w/out having to purchase the license. ForScan works for Fords, some other makes. There's really nothing special about a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. It will work fine. Play with the free version before deciding whether you need the extended license.

As far as which adapter you chose, that's up to you.

Ok, but can the free version delete errors too or checking things like abs sensors?
Because when the can only read is it not that what I need

I use the wired one never had a issue

The free PC version will do everything

Back