• Register Today It's free!

Navigation Issue

rpmgolfs

Reaction score
City, State
OVERLAND PARK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Apparently my new 2020 Platinum Explorer thinks it's Michigan. Every thing I go in navigation to enter a destination it starts with Michigan. So it always takes an extra step to correct it. My 2016 always defaulted to the last state entered. Anyone else having this issue. Any corrective actions I can take?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure we stored our home address. But, I'll check again.

I personally would never save my home address in the navigation. If someone were to ever steal my vehicle while away from home there is no way I'd want them to be able to find out where I live knowing that I'd not be there. I would choose a nearby location instead.

Peter

According to my cars: (1) I live at a convenience store, and (2) I'm too poor to own 2 cars new enough to have navigation.

Never put your actual home address in your vehicle navigation. You keep a garage door opener in there...like keys to your house!

Universal Garage Door Opener button is on the visor.:)

Peter

That's my point...you steal the car...you have a home address...you have an opener built in...you now have access to the home. Unless, you are weird like me and turn the power off to the garage door because you grew up in the 70's when there were like a dozen codes and you drive around your neighborhood and find garage doors that you could open because you had the same brand/code as someone else. Happened to us, then my dad put in a power shut-off. I've had one ever since.

I personally would never save my home address in the navigation. If someone were to ever steal my vehicle while away from home there is no way I'd want them to be able to find out where I live knowing that I'd not be there. I would choose a nearby location instead.

Peter

So is your home address not on your registration in the glove box?

Peter
I didn't think of that... your address is on your vehicle registration or insurance card in the glove compartment

Who ever steals your car is not going to your home, unless they have a change of heart an is going to return the car....mmmm, don't think so !

So is your home address not on your registration in the glove box?
No. I carry it on me in my wallet along with my driver's license and insurance card. My insurance company also has an App that will show the insurance card but I don't have a Smartphone.

Peter

No. I carry it on me in my wallet along with my driver's license and insurance card. My insurance company also has an App that will show the insurance card but I don't have a Smartphone.

Peter
That works well if no one else drives your Aviator. My wife would be unhappy if pulled over with no registration.

I purchased a 2020 Lincoln Aviator Black label and currently have 3300 miles on it. After recently having used the navigation system on a trip only 70 miles away to Ohio for a meeting, it was discovered that the navigation system does not necessarily realize where it is and made multiple suggestions to turn left or right into buildings, oncoming traffic, etc. The map displayed the location as being sometimes blocks away.

After having driven my MKT to almost 180,000 miles with no major problems this vehicle is a disappointment.

Unless you are driving in a large city with very tall buildings you likely have some sort of reception problem. Antenna module, wiring, or head unit. My Audi has a feature to see which satellites it is using to generate a navigation solution. I don't know if the Explorer has this sort of debug feature and haven't had any reason to go looking for it. You might check, but in any case it will require a dealer visit to resolve.

Apparently my new 2020 Platinum Explorer thinks it's Michigan. Every thing I go in navigation to enter a destination it starts with Michigan. So it always takes an extra step to correct it. My 2016 always defaulted to the last state entered. Anyone else having this issue. Any corrective actions I can take?

Update to the latest (20136) release to fix this.

Back