LCD screen going bad how to replace? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LCD screen going bad how to replace?

Terryhan05

Reaction score
City, State
Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Police utility
A1477FB5-C5C8-4483-AB40-7010AC995102.jpeg
Hello everyone. Been a member for a few weeks now. Everyone has been very helpful. I have a 2014 PIU. l have had it for about 2 months now. I have noticed the display is slowly working its way down. When I bought the PIU maybe 2 lines were noticeable. Any ideals how to stop it?

Can't speak specifically about replacing the display but last summer I added the navigation feature to my 2014 XLT. I had to remove the screen and replace the CPU (probably not the correct name) which is attached to the back. The entire process to remove and install the new CPU took no more than 15 minutes. I bought the CPU from a seller on EBAY located in the Chicago area. If you go to YOUTUBE you can find videos of how to do it but basically you pop off the two vertical sliver trim pieces on either side. That exposes a couple of screws, take those out, and there is maybe four other screws. Good luck

Can't speak specifically about replacing the display but last summer I added the navigation feature to my 2104 XLT. I had to remove the screen and replace the CPU (probably not the correct name) which is attached to the back. The entire process to remove and install the new CPU took no more than 15 minutes. I bought the CPU from a seller on EBAY located in the Chicago area. If you go to YOUTUBE you can find videos of how to do it but basically you pop off the two vertical sliver trim pieces on either side. That exposes a couple of screws, take those out, and there is maybe four other screws. Good luck
Do you have the name of the seller on EBay?

Can't speak specifically about replacing the display but last summer I added the navigation feature to my 2014 XLT. I had to remove the screen and replace the CPU (probably not the correct name) which is attached to the back. The entire process to remove and install the new CPU took no more than 15 minutes. I bought the CPU from a seller on EBAY located in the Chicago area. If you go to YOUTUBE you can find videos of how to do it but basically you pop off the two vertical sliver trim pieces on either side. That exposes a couple of screws, take those out, and there is maybe four other screws. Good luck
I believe that you are referring to the APIM.

Peter

Back