93 x SAS | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

93 x SAS

I've been done with my SAS for a little over a year and could'nt be more happy with the results. Here is a condenced list of mods.
HP d44
OX locker
5.38 gears
early bronco coils from Wild Horses
12" stroke Fox Shocks
DOM tie rod and drag link
3 link with johnny joints
home made bead locks
d60 rear
Detroit locker
5.38 gears
mix of x and bronco leafs
11" stroke Fox Shocks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The photos aren't showing up even if i go to Photobucket! :( I'd love to see your SAS baby!
Stretching her legs with the 14" fox air shocks and looking good with the flat black paint job!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So... you're 1st gen is the 'big brother' to mine. I've a 94 sport who just got his 33's recently from having had 31's the last year of wheeling. But, it turns out I've developed a serious rock problem....doesn't matter whether i have a good day...or a bad day or any in between, I want to go play in the rocks lol. So I've decided it's time for Two Point Ohhh (2.0) to get some bigger boy shoes, more lift and possibly the full schebang that I'd planned for next year..the SAS, regear, lockers...etc.

Your Ex is Awesome and that flex is sick!!!!! You're just up by Greeley I think hmm.. Have you ever done Johnny's Park during the summer or fall by chance? 2.0 has been real squirrelly in the snow the last few weeks, but I'd surely run Bunce and Ironclads when you're ready to do a shakedown!! And i really gotta see your 1st gen an meet you guys bc i'm always wanting to see more RBVs out on trail! Are you by chance on FB and if so.. Offroad Explorers or Mile High Ranger Base Vehicle? That's where a group of us hang! Looking forward to seeing more of your beast!

Well crap, the photos are showing up in my browser. Yes I'm in the Greeley area. The shakedown run is coming pretty soon and I'll post it up here when and where

Yes I did but it is pretty tired. the steering in kinda hard with the 37x14.00 tires. I would like to step up to PSC steering with hydro assist.

**EDITED** - i see (having read further down the forum - duh me) that you answered several of my questions regarding leaves, coils, etc...

Couple of questions. With your SAS how much lift did you do for your coils? Did you SOA the rear - can't see in the pics lol and just to clarify as this is my first X and their setups are different that all the rigs I used to run (not not a J**p!!) but were those Bronco II or full size Bronco Springs you used in combo with the X springs?

What set up we're you running before your 37's??? Did you have to trim quite a bit?

hi Setinu, there are actually quite a few of us Coloradoans lurking here and there in the shadows :) Great snow we got to play in today, huh?

How have we not run into each other. I'm probably on trail 250 days a year plus, athough I've not done the way south springs or anything major the daI mean a hea...I mean Jeeps see a nice built Jeep and it could be a million different people, an Ex owner sees a big one... and chances are we 'know' them somehow... but we've yet to see any other Ex's on trail except ourselves and one run to Red Elephant last year with some friends who's both have overlanding 2nd gens!

So looking forward to meeting you all On trail soon!

How have we not run into each other. I'm probably on trail 250 days a year plus, athough I've not done the way south springs or anything major the daI mean a hea...I mean Jeeps see a nice built Jeep and it could be a million different people, an Ex owner sees a big one... and chances are we 'know' them somehow... but we've yet to see any other Ex's on trail except ourselves and one run to Red Elephant last year with some friends who's both have overlanding 2nd gens!

So looking forward to meeting you all On trail soon!
I'm have had the explorer out of commission for about 5 years but finally got it up and running. I have been rocking an xj for a bit while it was being built. Most of the trails we do are up here in northern co. Now that my ex is done, it's time to start expanding further out. My group does spring Creek, holy Cross.

4413_zpsqszvjk2c.jpg

Tru this again

Here's an update on how she sits now.
NP435
203-205 triple stick
3 link front
14" kings w/remote res
4" hydro bumps
38.5" tires
H1 bead locks recentered w/rock rings
Stock box tapped for hydro assist
Steering pump drilled out to 5/32"
Basturd pack rear leaves

Plans for the rear
14 bolt shaved
Kings
Hydro bumps
Double triangulated 4 link
Lincoln locked

20180705_202327.jpg

First time noticing your little fog lights in the bumper... I just finished making some brackets for mine. Too much alike:D:bow:
0902191904.jpg

Ya I got problems. I broke the drivers side shaft when it was still open.Then I broke the passenger side shaft, u joint and the hub all in one shot. I got a d60 waiting in the garage waiting for more money!
Yikes, how’d you do that??

Back