• Register Today It's free!

Loss Of Power Engine Stutter

Phildeez

Reaction score
City, State
elkland, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
For the past couple weeks while the engine is under load such as going up a hill at low RPM the engine stutters. But if I give it more gas and stops. Though today traveling on the interstate, I can see you play a Minor loss of power while cruising at around 70. That's so my check engine light began to blink. I pulled over lifted to hood couldn't see anything. Started her back and got back on the interstate. Hook it up to a computer and the only code I got was an EVAP leak sensor end something about the temperature of the coolant not consistent with thermostat. Which the temperature seem to be running fine. I had this issue in the past while going up steep grade and I replaced the spark plugs and all was well for a couple weeks. Now the stutter is back at low RPM under load. I just bought a fuel filter, a thermostat and will probably replace the coil and wires. Does anybody else have any ideas?Thanks. 2004 Explorer XLT. 193k.

Think it might be o2 sensor or clogged cat?

T
For the past couple weeks while the engine is under load such as going up a hill at low RPM the engine stutters. But if I give it more gas and stops. Though today traveling on the interstate, I can see you play a Minor loss of power while cruising at around 70. That's so my check engine light began to blink. I pulled over lifted to hood couldn't see anything. Started her back and got back on the interstate. Hook it up to a computer and the only code I got was an EVAP leak sensor end something about the temperature of the coolant not consistent with thermostat. Which the temperature seem to be running fine. I had this issue in the past while going up steep grade and I replaced the spark plugs and all was well for a couple weeks. Now the stutter is back at low RPM under load. I just bought a fuel filter, a thermostat and will probably replace the coil and wires. Does anybody else have any ideas?Thanks. 2004 Explorer XLT. 193k.
today I change the fuel filter which was so clogged you couldn't even blow air through it. That made no difference. I'm really trying to avoid just throwing money at it. My whole life falls apart if this vehicle goes down basically. Is there a way to check it's the catalytic converter is clogged?

Back