2016 Ex Sport Sync 2 (MFT) audio overhaul | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Ex Sport Sync 2 (MFT) audio overhaul

tjor

Reaction score
City, State
dallas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi guys,

Turning this thread into my audio build log. I will update as I make progress.

End Goal:

• Retain ALL Sync 2 (MFT features, SW controls, etc with exception of XM or Factory Nav.) while adding outstanding sound.

Speakers:
  • Morel Tempo Ultra 602 [Installed]
  • Dayton RSS265HO 10" [ordered, possibly adding up to 2 more]
  • Q-Power shallow ported enclosure for 10" sub. [ordered]
  • Sound deadening [Installed, makes a noticeable difference].
  • Front center speaker [planned for future]

Amps:
  • RN4.1400D [powering front components]
  • RN1.3000D [powering added sub(s)]
Signal interface:
  • Dayton DSP-408 [fed by PAC APHFD01 harness post amplifier]
  • FD-01 harness to interface into factory wiring
    I really appreciate the input!
Misc:
  • Stinger 5f cap

Edited to clarify goals and updates(2)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Good luck with your project.

Peter

DMG,

Thank you I have read over your thread several times! Great info! Do you have any anomaly such as noise, turn on off pop etc?(edit: rereading you comment that you don't have any noise)

I'm torn between going with the PX6 head unit as it would be a complete solution to several wants the MFT is lacking, I am just hesitant as to how good the sound quality will be or one of those 2 solutions you listed. the PAC seems to have some mixed reviews about noise it it.

I have no "noise" or "pops" in my system! A lot of the times floor noise or pops can be traced back to the install (grounding issues or cable runs) or not properly adjust the amp gain (to high).

We installed the pack unit in a Explorer with MFT and it had no noise or pops

I have no experience with those replacement head-units made over seas. I have read some reviews on them (some good some very bad) but support is always lacking after the sale. I think someone on this board tried one and ended up returning it after several problems with it, with no resolve. Sure the MFT has some weak points, but I chose to focus on the sound quality on my system and overlook the weak points.

Back