How to: - How to enable Navigation on Sync 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: How to enable Navigation on Sync 2

Prefix for threads which are instructional.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you know if this will work with V3.10? That is the latest version of MFT.

Peter

Do you know if this will work with V3.10? That is the latest version of MFT.

Peter
It will. You will need to install the nav app for 3.10 for it to work which I can get you.

It will. You will need to install the nav app for 3.10 for it to work which I can get you.
Just curious since you said 3.8 a couple times in the video. I don't need the nav app since I have Sync3. Thanks.

Peter

I looked into adding SYNC 3 but don't see where it is a lot better than SYNC 2. I have SYNC 3 in my truck and it is fine but not worth the effort IMO to do the swap. I ordered our Ex without Nav as I didn't see the $750 dollar value in it with cell phones having gps. I was wanting to update my software for SYNC2 and came across how to add Nav. If you have forescan you can add Nav to SYNC2 for about $20 so I am in the process of trying to update it, just waiting for my map chip to show up.

Hi, where can a guy get the nav app for 3.10? I'm gonna start using forscan and figured why not enable nav.

Hi, where can a guy get the nav app for 3.10? I'm gonna start using forscan and figured why not enable nav.
The 2015 Limited should already have Navigation as a standard feature.

Peter

Mine doesn’t probably since it was a rental

I’ve already updated sync to 3.10 but hoping to get this nav app that’s mentioned.

Got my map card today and used forscan to turn on navigation. Went well, I had to do a master reset when I was done but works perfect!

I looked into adding SYNC 3 but don't see where it is a lot better than SYNC 2.

I tend to agree with this comment. I've rented cars with SYNC 3 and thought it was going to be much better than SYNC 2 because of what I had read in this forum and was disappointed to say the least. A couple of things that must be done with SYNC 2, make sure you have the latest software/firmware update and also make sure that the USBs that are being used are in good shape. A USB that has gone bad can make an owner think that the APIM is no longer working well. How do I know this, it happened to me. I thought my APIM was at the end of its life when in fact when I replaced the USB it worked perfectly again.

I am a bit behind on this thread but wanted to add that I watched the video above and so far have upgraded a 2011 and 2013 XLT with the nav program and it has worked flawlessly. I'd be glad to help anyone with questions, just send me a message.

I successfully performed this procedure. I originally had 3.8 installed, and activating it was a snap. Once I received my A11 SD Card, I tested it out a bit, and all seemed well, but the GPSM takes forever to get a good lock.

I updated it to 3.10, and while MFT seems to be more stable, the GPSM is still really slow to get a satellite lock. I may ask my dealer to upgrade the firmware on the GPSM when I pop in to have them check another service item.

Then again, maybe I just try to do the upgrade to Sync 3.

I put this video together on how you can enable Navigation on Sync 2.

Hey I just recently got. 2014 ford explorer limited and would love to add navigation. Can you help? I already updated it to the latest version

Hey I just recently got. 2014 ford explorer limited and would love to add navigation. Can you help? I already updated it to the latest version
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

How to I install the nav app I downloaded it put it on my USB stick and then it says in the car nothing to play it read my stick but doesn't install anything. I upgraded to 3.10

Are you referring to your Fusion?

Peter

Hey, I think I have uploaded the new version 3.10 of sync2 but I don't I have uploaded the nav app , how can I do that and where can I find the file and should I be erasing all the version and doing again, please help or guide thanks

Ok how can u help and get me the file and what r the steps in uploading that file u can email me the samr thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, I think I have uploaded the new version 3.10 of sync2 but I don't I have uploaded the nav app , how can I do that and where can I find the file and should I be erasing all the version and doing again, please help or guide thanks

Ok how can u help and get me the file and what r the steps in uploading that file u can email me the samr thanks
Hopefully, the member you quoted is still around. He was last seen here on Feb. 14, 2023.

Peter

Back