2020 Platinum Explorer has been ordered | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Platinum Explorer has been ordered

iptaylm

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Limite
Pretty excited about this! Just finalized things at our local dealer today and gave them the deposit, I think my new car will be ordered on Monday, then I will get the delivery and build date info.

Upgrading from a loaded 2014 Limited to the Platinum, pretty excited about all the new features, only thing we didn't go with is the big nav system, I though that looked pretty dumb.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty excited about this! Just finalized things at our local dealer today and gave them the deposit, I think my new car will be ordered on Monday, then I will get the delivery and build date info.

Upgrading from a loaded 2014 Limited to the Platinum, pretty excited about all the new features, only thing we didn't go with is the big nav system, I though that looked pretty dumb.
Congratulations what color did you choose?

Got an email from my dealer with a VIN#

Build week: 3/2/2020
Build date: 3/7/2020

If I try and put in my vin number on the ford website it asks me for a login and password?

Am I doing this right? lol

I don't think you will get the Window Sticker until after it is actually built.

Peter

Got an email from my dealer with a VIN#

Build week: 3/2/2020
Build date: 3/7/2020

If I try and put in my vin number on the ford website it asks me for a login and password?

Am I doing this right? lol

My understanding is they require you to create an account before you can use the tracker now.

Also, my window sticker came out about a week before blend date.

Window sticker is 5-7 days before the build date.

Congrats on your new vehicle purchase, I did the same thing, went from a 2014 Limited,(top of the line in 2014) to the 2020 Platinum. I've got about 3,600 mile on mine, took delivery late Nov. No problems since delivery. You should check to see that you have the towing eye in the storage area above the spare tire, mine was missing. Here is a picture of mine. Star White with light Sand interior.
TBill

upload_2020-2-7_12-28-7.jpeg
upload_2020-2-7_12-28-7.jpeg

When you take delivery, check the area above the spare tire, there is a spot the the towing eye is suppose to be stored in. The owners manual indicated it should be with the vehicle at all times. It's referenced in the owners manual (available on-line) as well in the printed copy that comes with your vehicle on page 295.

TBill

Yes.

Vin # now showing on track your ford build website.

Says in order processing, hopefully this week it moves to "in production"

Vin # now showing on track your ford build website.

Says in order processing, hopefully this week it moves to "in production"

It's been another week and no update made on the Ford website, still says Processing. Getting anxious.

Well, the window sticker is now showing up, still says processing on Ford site. Things are moving at least.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my Explorer has now been changed to "In Production" so that's good news.

Back