ST SUV Experience Driving Program | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ST SUV Experience Driving Program

What's the attraction to this program? The ST is not a sharp handler and is not that fast (in absolute terms). Am I missing something about taking this grocery getter to the track?

It's Ford offering up some professional drivers to help owners of ST's become better drivers of their Ford Performance vehicles. If you have already had previous race experience it's probably not beneficial as its very basic skill development that not everyone has.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking at the June 3rd-4th date.. would be staying till the 6th in Salt Lake.

Got the letter yesterday. I am assuming everyone else will get theirs any day now if not already.

20200125_074912.jpg

Here’s the agenda for the late July Asheville
Venue – Biltmore Estate
One Lodge Street, Asheville, NC 28803

Welcome Reception – 07/19/2020
Check-in 5:15 pm / Dinner 5:45 pm / Presentation 6:15 pm

Drive Day - 07/20/2020
Check-in 7:30 am / Program 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Welcome to the Forum Clark.:wave:

Peter

Booked for June 15-16, Park City.

Now to figure out a road trip around the SW.

Been up to Park City and trying to figure where the ST day takes place amidst the ski runs. I would have thought that it would be at the Utah Morosports Complex west of Salt Lake City (formerly Miller Raceway).

Might be too early for this but was anyone successful in changing their date/time without paying the $150 fee (before 30 days from event date)? I need to change mines but really dont want to pay the $150. Might even just forfeit it honestly.

Cannot wait for this experience!

It's Ford offering up some professional drivers to help owners of ST's become better drivers of their Ford Performance vehicles. If you have already had previous race experience it's probably not beneficial as its very basic skill development that not everyone has.

What's the agenda for these sessions? Is it on an auto-cross course with driver familiarization or is it a professional driver doing the driving? Are you limited to the model/trim of the vehicle you purchased/leased?

Asheville booked June 14th drive day June 15th

Brian
Ottawa, Canada.

Haven't seen any covid-19 updates from Ford yet, but starting to think these could start getting cancelled. Anyone else hear anything?

Haven't seen any covid-19 updates from Ford yet, but starting to think these could start getting cancelled. Anyone else hear anything?
Following. I have a reservation for Asheville on April 7-8 in conjunction with a trip to NC. We’ve canceled the trip and I’ll be calling the SUV Experience folks on Monday to cancel that, too. According to the web site a late cancellation like this would disqualify me from rescheduling later. That would be too bad but I’ll live with it. Who knows, they may announce some flexibility on this. Frankly, I’m surprised they haven’t reached out to participants about COVID-19. I’ll update on Monday after I talk to them.

So I called “Dominique” as listed in the confirmation email. No answer but left a voicemail message with name and particulars and that I wished to cancel due to COVID-19 concerns. This evening I got an automated email much like the confirmation email that’s headed “Your ST SUV Experience order #x.. has been refunded.” So I guess that’s it.

Anyone else have a session scheduled in the next couple of weeks? Just really surprising that there’s been no proactive messaging on this.

i cancelled by voicemail too. have a feeling she is swamped.

I just sent a email, my contact was different... My date's are the first ones, Apr 5-6, in 11 day's. I'm not going to cancel, just wait and see what they say.
Jeff

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ST Driving Experience with free COVID19 anti-bodies. Some states have been in shutdown and will be for several weeks. They actually closed Tail of the Dragon (US129) and Fontana Dam area which is just west of Asheville. Most of those roads are only accessible for mission essential people and residents, and I heard they have set up soft roadblocks to check your ID to make sure you are a resident.

Back