2018 explorer no throttle response | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2018 explorer no throttle response

Ray Frank

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 explorer xlt
Ive got a 2018 explorer , this has happened several times now, i hit the pedal to the floor and get no response , not only no response but car decelerates , i have to let off the pedal then hit it again to get it to work, i have no codes, 27k, been to dealer twice and they can't duplicate, very scary entering traffic and decelerating, anyone else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Ray.:wave:
As mentioned, the throttle body would be a good thing to check first. It seems the engine is not getting the fuel it requires at times.

Peter

This phenomenon is not new, variations have been noted on this Forum from time to time, like my experience. Mine still does this unpredictable 'no response' when the pedal is mashed, the Dealer was never able to find a reason for it, no codes have ever showed. The major components of the fuel system were all replaced at 11,000 miles. I've pretty much learned to avoid any wide open throttle (WOT) bursts because of this bizarre behavior, it's my wife's car and she never drives that fast thus it's never happened to her.

WOT - stopped accelerating after 2nd gear

Is it only pedal to the floor or is the throttle non responsive through its entire travel?

Do you by chance drive 2 footed and rest your left foot on the brake pedal at all?

Ive got a 2018 explorer , this has happened several times now, i hit the pedal to the floor and get no response , not only no response but car decelerates , i have to let off the pedal then hit it again to get it to work, i have no codes, 27k, been to dealer twice and they can't duplicate, very scary entering traffic and decelerating, anyone else?
If possible, I would let it stay with the dealer for a few days and let the techs or advisor take it out driving a few times a day and surely it'll eventually do it to them. i wouldn't let up on the dealer until they duplicate it since it's still under b2b warranty.

Is your engine a turbo-boost? If so, check out the vacuum line that runs to the throttle body. That was my problem, and firmly reattaching that line fixed the problem.

Back