• Register Today It's free!

Rock sliders

LukeS 2000xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Arrowbear California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xlt
In search of decent rock sliders for my 2nd gen, getting ready for some lift and bigger tires. Maybe even a coil swap for the front. Been wheeling a little harder recently and want some protection

I don’t think you could find any, and even if you could, they would basically be cosmetic only.
Your best bet is to find a local fabrication shop to build you a set, and luckily for you, you live smack dab in the middle of fab shop land, aka southern Cal.
I suggest you search around here and study what others have built or had built for them, and decide exactly what style and purpose you want and need. Then take that info and some pics to a shop of your choosing.

If you (or) have a friend that can weld it wouldn't be too difficult to get something made up. In the spring I'll be using some tube steel and making up hidden(ish) sliders for the upcoming camping season.

Got a 95 Sport with some rocker issues. Planning on hugging some rock sliders up to around the door sills. I may need to cut them in a bit. In any event, now that spring is here, I should be able to tackle in the next month or so. Gonna go pretty simple 2x3 square tube with 1x extensions from frame and bolt on tabs. Started welding last fall and this is not too difficult. Any welder with measurements and drawing should be able to handle for you. Probably save a lot over any aftermarket as as mentioned will be much more functional than looks. I'll try to post any work I do. I need to fab front and rear bumpers as well.

Back