• Register Today It's free!

Lock/unlock

lynnboy021

Reaction score
City, State
billerica ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer
Is there a way auto unlock the doors when I put the car in park? I think when I put in drive the doors lock but I would like that in unlock when I put in drive... reason is because I always have to unlock doors for back seat to get out...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you go through the setup, you can deactivate the auto lock feature. Then you can lock and unlock the doors whenever you like.
My father always told me to drive with the door unlocked. If you get in an accident it is one less thing for first repsonders to have to deal with.

In the dash computer. Something like hold down the set up button (?). In the owners manual.

I dont have setup buttons it's a xlt

really only the limited have that info screen.
you can probably enter it some other way.

Well hot dam. XLT MY 4wd buttons are on the right and the setup button is where teh 4x4 high is.
I has seen this guy on you tube hack into the dash computer on a base model F150. He didn't have the buttons but was able to get the info out of it. It was a series of holding down this button and turning the key and winking your right eye...
68969737.jpg

Lol ok I will take a look... thanks

Back