Whitest Headlights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whitest Headlights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try the sylvania silverstars.... dot legal and very white $25 each

or the new PIAA extreme whites prices vary ($70-80 per pair)

From what I know, any modification to headlights are technically illegal (including PIAA super whites), not that cops usually care. They are specified as "for offroad or show use only."

Originally posted by nicholtl
From what I know, any modification to headlights are technically illegal (including PIAA super whites), not that cops usually care. They are specified as "for offroad or show use only."

not if replacing the factory or OEM equipment bulb with a US DOT approved replacement

Which is not a PIAA superwhite.

Some of the PIAAs are. I think the extreme whites.

Get the Silverstars, you won't be disappointed.

I too run the Silverstars and like em.

Dead Link Removed

silverstars here also, i would recommend them to anyone!

PIAA SuperWhites are both DOT and SAE compliant. I am not sure of the Xtreme Whites.

Screw the PIAA's. Get the Silverstarts, you won't be disappointed. Am I repeating myself?

What does a set of silverstarts go for? Thanks.

I paid $25 per bulb at Autozone, but I have found them on sale for $22 per bulb.

Screw the PIAA's? Go with Silverstarts? Are you joking?! SCREW THE SILVERSTARTS.

Originally posted by nicholtl
Screw the PIAA's? Go with Silverstarts? Are you joking?! SCREW THE SILVERSTARTS.

Why do you say that?

Hmmmm........

Attachments

• silverstars2.jpg
    silverstars2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 386

Alright guys whatever you say. I just hope 2K1Xplorer doesn't get mad when he buys silverstars and realizes they're not actually as bright as that questionably-angled photo implies them to be.

LOL, questionably angled. I think 2k1xplorer will be disappointed when he buys PIAA's and realizes there just a brighter Sylvania halogen.

Attachments

• silverstars.jpg
    silverstars.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 367

OH MY GOD! What have I unleashed here. Anyways, I just have to find this one local ricer. I don't who's bulbs he has but they are white.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sylvania SilverStars, are no brighter, or whiter than the Sylvania CoolBlues. I are the same bulbs!! Luckily I got my money back. And the battle continues!

Back