• Register Today It's free!

new x

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
I'd like to do 35's if at all possible. What would this cost me? Is there any suspension/body lift combo that I could get that would fit 35's? I can't find any body lifts for late model explorers. Am I not lookin in the right places? If I did see a 3" body lift how big a tires you think I could fit?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Jefe has 35's on his late model X, I know he did a ton of trimming to squeeze them in there. Since you have a 98 you will have to get a custom body lift kit (combining articles from 2-3 kits) and then you could fit 31's easy, maybe 32's. You could even put some 31's on your X stock. Its all up to you. Good luck man.

You can get some 33s (with some trimming) under there with a 3' Body Lift ( a combo like mentioned above) and TT in front and shackles in the back. Here is a link with the body lift parts needed: Dead Link Removed
If you add in the cost of the shackles, you are looking at about $250 (+ cost of alignment).

Are you looking to get 35s for looks or for serious off-roading?

Robb

hmmmm, guess i'm well on my way with 33's. Is the body lift hard to install or should I be able to do it myself? I would like to get 35's for some SERIOUS off-roading.

Install instructions can be found here: Install

Good Luck!

Robb

Do a search for Jefe's truck. There's plenty of pics and info to help you out. Jefe has the B/L, TT and shackles with major fender trimmage to clear the 35's. His truck looks really good. Another thing to consider is that you will probably need lower gears for the larger meats.

Back