TruckHaven 2003 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TruckHaven 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Davis reminded me about the deposit system that we first implemented with this years Arizona run and then for the Moab run.

I decided to implement this system after the dismal turn out at last years Truck Haven run. I believe we had about 40 register and only 20 showed up.

This really screwed up our pot luck dinner and arrangements for trail runs. Either dishes didn't show up at all or people made way too much food expecting more participants.

Since there is still so much time before the run what I will do is accept registrations just as I have been for the last couple days. Sometime in November I will e-mail everyone who registered and then request a $20 deposit for the run.

The way it works is that you can get your deposit back in full if you A. Show up to the run or B. let me know 30 days before the run that you will be unable to attend. The deposit will be able to be made either through Pay Pal or personal check.

I hope this works out for everyone. One thing I know though... for the runs that we did this with nearly everyone showed up who placed a deposit.

Thanks,
Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gopher,

Call me and I'll get you some good prices on lockers and tires. I have my detroit for sale right now and can get you scheduled in to install it next week. ALSO, I may be with the stockers one run and big dawgs another run. I'll be there Friday through Monday, maybe even Thursday night if others will be there. I also wouldn't mind helping or holding up the rear of the stokers run that way the other Brian can play with the Big Dawgs.

Rick,
How about we keep 1/2 the deposit and we get some additional prices for the Raffel drawing!!!! If enough members attend we can get some additional items, and even sell more raffel tickets at the event? I don't know just some thoughts.... I hate having you fork out all the dough for the prices each year. I know my company "4Play Offroad" will donate some things as well.

I want to try to get some sponcers so eventually in the next few years we can have raffels where we give away shocks, winches, etc... I don't know how everyone else feels about it, I'm just throwing it out there... =) I'll maybe make up a gift certificate from 4Play Offroad this year for a set of RS9000s.

couple more questions for the people of this board. is there anyone that is from the ventura area that is planning on going to this run? would love to carpool if possible, just in case. also, anyone know where I can get a good price on gears and lockers for my ranger? 8.8 rear and d35 ttb front. looking for 4.56 gears or maybe 4.88, not really sure which to go with. any help would be great.

prerun4fun

I'm in Simi. I've done a number of runs with the group. I'm stock, so I run only the easier trails in my truck. But I normally catch a ride or two in a modified or big dawg and take pics. Truckhaven twice (or is it 3 times, forget now), Moab 3 times, Colorado Colors Run twice and a couple others. Believe me, your rig will be TESTED if you hang out with this bunch.

Contact me if you want to find out more.

Peter

I'm thinking of going. But It would be a long trip for me having 145,000 on stock engine and coming from washington and being on a one car road trip. It would be about 24hr trip. I guess Im asking is it worth it.

Originally posted by RockRanger

We will find plenty there to test your truck. Pics can be decieving of what trucks look like. Ricks is far from stock with a 44 front. Farkee has a 44 And ill push it locked front rear on 33"s as well as many others. When i ran last 2 years I have ended up taking some damage both times trying to push my luck. Just follow me .

Matt

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT EVER EVER follow this guy!!!, LOL j/k he is just a little crazy!!!! Like Manson was a little crazy!

Anyway 410fortune I am for sure maybe who knows gonna go if, when, as I go I would love to caravan! I will be trailering though!

Well, I only live an hour away so I"m in.

For those of you with days to drive to get here. How long are you planning on coming. I guarentee you that the trails will be great for any level of vehicle or taste of off roading except mud, although we could do a little side trip and find some sand!!!! The group alone makes it worth while though....

Khris

Originally posted by offroader_69_me

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT EVER EVER follow this guy!!!, LOL j/k he is just a little crazy!!!! Like Manson was a little crazy!

I second that motion! I have pictures that prove it from Truckhaven last year.

--Sean

Khris,

I take it we should lead a group to glamis??? hehehe

It may be worth it for another time. It would be a REALLY long day trip from there. I'm sure some people would have fun there. Not sure about the hardcore crawlers though....

Khris

question for Xploder

In an above post you said you could get some good deals on tires and lockers. I am gonna be in need of some 33x12.5x15 mud tires some time soon and was wondering what, if anything, you might be able to hook up. Also, I am definitely looking to buy a set of gears (f&r) and at least one locker prior to the truckhaven run. any help there would be great too. thanks.

This is what happens when you follow RockRanger at Truck Haven. ;)

fd4e7a56.jpg

fd4e7a54.jpg

fd4e7dc5.jpg

fd4e7dc8.jpg

fd4e7dc6.jpg

--Sean

Quotes and stuff

Gopher,

I replied to your email, let me know ASAP on what you want to do, if not I will trade the locker in for an ARB through my distributor.

Anyone else (in Cali) that would like a quote please give me a detailed list of your vehicle, and what your would like and a manufacturer if you have a preferance. It may take me a day or two to respond, but I'll get you the best price I can. Please email me at:

ron@4playoffroad.net

I know, I don't drive an explorer, but am I allowed?? I wanna go PALLLEEEESEE.. If I get a go ahead, I want two plaques :)
Scott

Do we have a count yet? I still have to turn in my fee.

im about to sign up i just need to double check to make sure the dates are free :)

Originally posted by Xplodor
Do we have a count yet? I still have to turn in my fee.

If you know for sure you're going, turn in your fee ASAP.

If you don't know for sure if you're going, find out for sure ASAP. Then see above. :)

Just if you all get your fees in as early as possible, it'd be a lot easier to get a count and see how many people are going

I still wanna know.. is a jeep allowed??? :D
Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, Jeeps are allowed, but we usually put them in the back, for photo purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back